If You Could Hug or Give a Kiss to a Musician, Who....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
To counter the awesome "If you could punch one musician in the face" thread, I wanted to start a list of people I'd like to give a big hug or a kiss to...

I'll start with mine:
Jack White
Bono
Fiona Apple
David Bowie
Sune Rose Wagner (from The Raveonettes.. I hugged him - and was too nervous to lean in for a kiss when we were chatting and drinking.. lol. )
Iron and Wine guy for remaking "Such Great Heights" into THE song of the year for me. :sad:

I would do more than hug and kiss Jack White.... :combust:

OK, that said, haha.

All of U2 (I think Adam may be most huggable :heart: )
Shirley Manson
David Bowie
Michael Stipe
Little Steven
Meg White
Bruce Springsteen
Ryan Adams (I actually did :sexywink: )
Keith Richards
Marianne Faithfull

There are a lot more but this is just off the top of my head. Great thread, Carrie. :up:

Last edited:
Well after seeing how many people would like to punch Thom Yorke I think he really needs a hug.

All of U2
Bruce Springsteen

There's lots of other musicians I really love and/or lust after, but these five just seem the most huggable/kissable.

I've always said that if I met Neil Young, I'd have to immediately ask him for a hug. I just love that guy.

Also...

U2
Rivers Cuomo
Morrissey

I won't get into the obscene ones :wink: Only innocent hugging....heh.

Peter Doherty of The Libertines and Babyshambles for being the one individual who inspires me lately.

And Tori Amos for making me feel within a stone's throw of sanity when i was sixteen and couldn't see for tears and fears.

I've already gotten a hug from Ryan Adams...:cute:...though a kiss would be nice! :D

Others on my list:

U2 (all of 'em!)
The Rolling Stones (all of 'em!)
Jesse Malin
Conor Oberst
Pete Doherty
Jack White

If they were still alive:

Michael Hutchence :sad:
Elliott Smith :sad:

There are a few -- not a huge number though. One (I won't name him though) I'd like to hug ('cause he's an amazingly good looking guy :) ), but then I'd have to haul off and slap him silly ('cause he can be a total ass :mad: ). And, of course, I'd give "my" Steve a hug too. :D

joyfulgirl said:
Well after seeing how many people would like to punch Thom Yorke I think he really needs a hug.

LOL, no kidding...

Let's see...

Bono, definitely.
Neil Finn (particularly whenever I see the "Message To My Girl" video-completely hugworthy there)
Pretty much all the other lead singers in the bands I like (i.e., Tom Petty, Glenn Tilbrook, etc.,) 'cause a lot of them sing about bad relationships, and I just feel so bad for them (even if it's not personal, it's still sad to hear about anyway)
Eric Clapton, whenever I see the clip of him performing "Tears In Heaven" at that "Unplugged" show-definitely want to give him a hug there
Norah Jones, just 'cause she always reminds me of my friend Rachel and she seems like a sweet girl :)

That's all I can think of for now.

Angela

Bono for sure
followed by Edge
Larry and Adam
Bob Geldof
Roger Taylor from Duran Duran
Freddie Mercury if he was still alive

I'd hug..

Wayne Coyne from The Flaming Lips
Beck :drool:
Thom Yorke (although I'd be a bit intimidated)
Ted Leo (I should have asked for one when I met him.. maybe next time)
Michael Stipe

Back
Top Bottom