If you could eat anything...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Sushi! And my favorite place is closed for renovation, so I'm in withdrawal right now :(

dsmith2904 said:

That sounds great. I'd like to ditch work and spend the rest of the day in a booth at Canter's. We'll have to get some brownies from the bakery, too.

I LOVE those brownies. I used to get one in the morning when I worked on Melrose.

Anyone ever been to Langer's Deli, by MacArthur Park? I know it's pretty ghetto over there but I heard the pastrami is amazing.

Grilled T-Bone steak (over charcoal - no gas grill please)
kabobs - with cherry tomatoe, whole mushrooms and pearl onion with red bell pepper chunks of pineapple - marinated over night in light soy sauce.
god I think I'm :drool:

CUADRUPLE Stacker :drool:

it'll be mine someday

4stackerzc9.jpg

lazarus said:

I LOVE those brownies. I used to get one in the morning when I worked on Melrose.

Anyone ever been to Langer's Deli, by MacArthur Park? I know it's pretty ghetto over there but I heard the pastrami is amazing.

I'm a corned beef kinda gal, but if you want pastrami, Langer's IS the place to go.

So what time is the Canter's meet-up? :wink:

And I know someone who works there. He usta take care of me when I'd go to the bakery (old old friend, and a Canter)

lazarus - you have email :shifty:

Last edited:
:hmm: :giggle:

DRINKS
ginger ale and Classic Coke (not together!)

*APPETIZERS
the best taramasalata (greek 'caviar' w cream, lemon, ?a touch of olive oil & garlic)
*the best Guacamoli & chips
*fried pork dumplings (chineese)

DINNER
*Veggie Uttapams ( Southern Indian Pancakes(?some mild spicing) topped with - in this case veeggies )
*Lamb Kurma (North Indian a creamy sauce/mild spices)
*Tandoori Chicken ( chicken with ?chickpea flour & flavoring baked in a Tandoor Oven)

DESSERT
the deepist, darkest Choloate cake with chocolate mousse & ganache

anything else???

Alke Selzer*!!!

Unless maaayyybbbeee .........
IF it was a 4- 5 hour dinner ( like a long opera, or Japaneese NOH Play where the audience can leave & return)!
I think I could mange all that! :lol:

From The King & I:
Pud Cashew Nuts
Sliced chicken sautéed with cashew nuts, green pepper, scallions, onions, and straw mushrooms ~ mild
Thai Iced Tea or hot tea

last unicorn said:
What's German Chocolate Cake?
It's an American chocolate cake with coconut and pecans in the frosting. "German" was the last name of the chocolate maker whose product the recipe was originally developed for; it's not meant as a reference to the cake's national origin.

Last edited:
^ And the cake itself is a much lighter chocolate, not a regular chocolate cake.

That chicken with cashew nuts dish sounds really good right now :drool:

Thanks yolland & bonocomet for explaining the German Chocolate Cake :up:

I'm in the mood for a really good fluffy omelet right now and some hash brown potatoes :drool:

yolland said:

It's an American chocolate cake with coconut and pecans in the frosting. "German" was the last name of the chocolate maker whose product the recipe was originally developed for; it's not meant as a reference to the cake's national origin.

Thank you, I didn't know that. I thought it actually means a cake from Germany. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom