If there was no U2...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Slopsy

Everything happens so much
If U2 didn't exist, what would your favourite band be? I'm interested to find out who people's 2nd favourite band are.

Mine would definately be MUSE. This was sealed last night seeing them live. They have SUCH HUGE stage presence, and have the ability, like U2, to make songs sound even better live than they do on the album. They could easily be one of the biggest live bands in the world today!
and Matt Bellamy is absolutely gorgeous.

maybe I would like a whole different kind of music genre...

I don't know...

(I'm really liking MUSE)

Definitely Radiohead, assuming U2's nonexisting doesn't have a Back to the Future-esque history changing effect on things.

Actually, I think Radiohead might actually have a shot at overtaking U2 as my number 1. But that all depends on just HOW amazing LP7 is, and it's subsequent tour...which will be mindblowing of course.

Well... technically, U2 aren't my #1 favorite band of all time. I just happen to visit a message board dedicated to them. LOL! I enjoy my favorite bands equally, I guess. My top 3, though, would be U2, The Police and probably Pearl Jam.

SpaceOddity said:
Well... technically, U2 aren't my #1 favorite band of all time. I just happen to visit a message board dedicated to them. LOL! I enjoy my favorite bands equally, I guess. My top 3, though, would be U2, The Police and probably Pearl Jam.

Damn, those are my top 3 bands as well.

1. U2
2. The Police
3. Pearl Jam

I absolutely love U2 but they're not my favorite band... so I guess that if there was no U2 my favourite bands (nowadays) would still be Pearl Jam, Muse and Oasis.

if it has to be bands that still exist:

radiohead without any contest.

10-15 years ago it would have been r.e.m.

Muse definately... In fact I can't chose between them and U2, it depends on my mood at the moment.

If there was no Muse and no U2 :hmm: I don't know... I like a lot of bands so maybe I would have no favourite... It would be a mix of The Arcade Fire, Franz Ferdinand and maybe Queen... Weird combination...

I don't have a favourite band. :shrug:

I'd say U2, Travis and Yann Tiersen are my top bands/artists but I can't pick a favourite.

Slopsy, Matt Bellamy was voted ugliest man a few years ago here. I remember a girl I knew who loved him being devastated at the news. :slant:

No U2.....I really don't know what I have would have done. They have gotten me through some of the roughest and best times of my life. I guess I would be missing a piece of me since I've been with them in the beginning. I piece of me would be gone.

(no pun intended)

U2 is actually my 2nd favorite band, with Pearl Jam taking the cake.
Radiohead firmly holds the 3rd spot.

Probably Bruce Springsteen, he was my favorite for a number of years before I searched for more U2.

Oasis :der: In fact at the moment I don't think U2 are my favourite band...I think I just need a break from hearing U2 stuff.

Slopsy said:
Mine would definately be MUSE. This was sealed last night seeing them live. They have SUCH HUGE stage presence, and have the ability, like U2, to make songs sound even better live than they do on the album. They could easily be one of the biggest live bands in the world today!
and Matt Bellamy is absolutely gorgeous.

Mine would be Muse too :wink: I saw them in November and it was just incredible.... (and in June! Wembley Stadium!! :hyper:)

http://board.muse.mu/index.php?styleid=16 This is a good site for younger Muse fans, it's quite fun, even if the majority of threads are chat threads :wink:

JCOSTER said:
No U2.....I really don't know what I have would have done. They have gotten me through some of the roughest and best times of my life. I guess I would be missing a piece of me since I've been with them in the beginning. I piece of me would be gone.

(no pun intended)

I guess Springsteen.

The Beatles or David Bowie.

I'm leaning more towards Bowie at this point.

U2Man said:
if it has to be bands that still exist:

radiohead without any contest.

10-15 years ago it would have been r.e.m.

QFT!

R.E.M. still has potential for greatness though, they just haven't showed much of it since Up. Hopefully the next album will return to their mid-90's sound, kind of like I'm Gonna DJ predicts. I must say though that their Around The Sun Tour was freaking amazing, even if the album it was supporting wasn't.

The song Around The Sun opened the show I saw, and that was really incredible, and among the usual standards, they still rocked Get Up, Maps And Legends, Finest Worksong, What's the Frequency Kenneth...etc. But the Highlight of the show was definitely I've Been High, as strange as that sounds.

So, yeah, I think their next album could bring them back in a big way, but unfortunately for them Radiohead next album could potentially be their biggest yet too so...:shrug:

But yeah, that's a long way of saying I totally agree. :yes:

Slopsy said:
If U2 didn't exist

I wouldn't have this

guit.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom