If Only They Had Done It This Way...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LMP

Blue Crack Supplier
You know you've been disappointed by sequels (or even prequels) to really great movies, most notably the Star Wars prequels, Spidey 3, Pirates 2 and 3. That got me thinking, "it would've been awesome if this happened, or this."

So what do you think would've made some of these movies better? Different characters? Different setting? Or a whole different story altogether?

I've been tooling around with my Pirates and Spidey ideas, I'll post them later, but tell me yours!

My grand vision for Spider-Man would've been like this.

Spidey 3 still has the Venom symbiote, Sandman, and Harry the Goblin in it. Except, Peter truly becomes evil with the suit on (no silly dancing and bitchslapping MJ, but he still fucks up Harry and gradually pushes MJ away), Dr. Conners has a bigger subplot with examining the symbiote (this is key for #4) and the audience actually knows about the sound wave bit. Gwen Stacy becomes a legit love interest and not a non-factor. Eddie Brock has the same role, but his humiliation and hatred are more explained. Dark Spidey battles Sandman at the end (who escapes), and in the tussle Police Captain Stacy (Gwen's father) is killed, Gwen blames the death on Spidey. The emotional climax of the movie is when Spidey rips off the the symbiote and merges with Eddie Brock, who then vanishes into the night. The ending scene at Captain Stacy's funeral is a parallel of the ending scene of Spidey 1, but instead MJ rejects Peter as he is about to propose, this leaves Peter feeling crushed and dejected. This coupled with his dark side experience leaves him unsure of his position as Spider-Man and most importantly as himself.

Spidey 4 deals with Peter's growing relationship with Gwen (who still resents Spidey for her father's death, maybe too similar to Harry?) while still trying to patch things up with MJ. Meanwhile, Venom is terrorizing the city posing as Spidey, damaging his reputation in the city, too. No matter how hard he tries, Venom always escapes in the end. Also, Roderick Kingsley is introduced as the new owner of Oscorp after has become a scarred recluse. Kingsley becomes obsessed with Norman Osborn and knows of his being the Green Goblin, and he later becomes the Hobgoblin (not in this movie however.) Dr. Conners has been experimenting with the Venom symbiote and discovers it's regenerative properties. After losing his arm in the war (maybe one of his arms has always been prosthetic???), he decides to test the regen stuff on himself after mixing symbiote DNA with reptiles, becoming The Lizard. Somewhere in here, Venom kills Gwen Stacy, almost shattering an already emotional wreck (Peter) to near breakdown. At this point, The Lizard is also terrorizing the city and has allied himself with Venom (better than the half-assed Sandman/Venom alliance, trust me). Like in Spidey 3, Peter asks Harry for help with Lizard and Venom. In the fight, Brock/Venom is killed and The Lizard reverts back to Dr. Conners after Peter cures him (but for controlled bursts like the comics.) Harry doesn't die, but he leaves the city, never to return. Kingsley finally discovers the secret to the Green Goblin and uses his criminal connections to call in 5 other criminals with intentions to form the Sinister Six. Somewhere in there he and MJ get back together and she accepts his proposal for marriage.

Spidey 5 is the last Spidey movie and deals with Peter finally maturing into his role as Spider-Man, marrying MJ, and facing his greatest challenge yet: The Sinister Six. This variant of the Six is Hobgoblin, Kraven the Hunter, Mysterio, Electro, The Vulture, and Sandman. They've all conspired to defeat Spidey once and for all. I really don't know how this ends, but every remaining subplot is wrapped up, Harry returns to take revenge on Kingsley/Hobgoblin, too. Spidey wins in the end, and Peter and MJ finally get married, la la la. Somehow it's the best concluding movie to a series ever.

Please Spidey fans, tell me what you think of that idea.

Terminator 3. First of all it should never have existed.

Second of all, if it had to be made, it should have been wirten and directed by Cameron.

Third of all, just about the entire plot of the film should be thrown out as it practically negates everything T2 accomplished both in regards to the psyche of the characters and the literal narritive.

God damn I hate this movie.

Earnie Shavers said:
Make them good?

they're definitely works in progress.

Lancemc said:
Terminator 3. First of all it should never have existed.

Second of all, if it had to be made, it should have been wirten and directed by Cameron.

Third of all, just about the entire plot of the film should be thrown out as it practically negates everything T2 accomplished both in regards to the psyche of the characters and the literal narritive.

God damn I hate this movie.

I bet you're excited for number 4 :happy:

The Sarah Conner Chronicles look good.

Last edited:
Know what the sad thing is? I know I'll end up seeing T4 at the midnight showing, despite my utter hatred for it already. :grumpy:

It'll be playing with Pirates 4, Spidey 4, and Bring It On 4: The Wrath of Khan.

khaaaaaaaaaaaaundk1.gif

I was at Universal Studios today and you could see them filming Bring It On 4, it was definitely a treat.

Sexy.

But seriously, Khan is one of my favorite sci-fi flicks. :combust:

I still shed a tear every time I watch Spok say his final farewells. :sad:

Khan is one of the best sci-fi flicks ever, plus it introduced the world to Kirstie Alley. Until the early '00s, this was a good thing.

Ah God, after re-reading the Spidey stuff, it really does look like one big pile of shit. I'm definitely going back to the drawing board on those ideas, but the Sinister Six stays!

Back
Top Bottom