If I was a superhero, I'd be....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PopFly

War Child
...Superman. Cliched, yeah, but think about it; what other superhero could conceivably take Superman in a fight? That's what clinches it for me.

Any other suggestions?

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

you are scary zone....

SUPERMAN ROCKS MY WORLD. HE IS THE COOLEST SUPERHERO OUT THERE. HE COULD TAKE ON ANYONE!!!

I guess if i had to choose one to be i'd wanna be Supergirl but she kinda sucked so I go with Wonder Woman, if alone for her spunky outfit!

ZA<---can no longer pretend to be Super Bono as she no longer has her Bono flag to be her Super Bono cape
frown.gif

Anyone remember the X-men? I?d be Wolverine...just for the claws!

------------------
beLIEve

it's almost 4:30 am, this is a mostly-american board.
i hope i don't get the cops on my arse because my keyboard is an older-type, clicky-clack one.

[This message has been edited by CannibalisticArtist (edited 01-03-2002).]

Originally posted by Kieran McConville:
Jesus Christ, this place is dead! Where the fuck is everyone when you need them?

That's a superhero...Jesus Christ!
wink.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Hmmm, Im not entirely sure what Id be... I like the whole turning invisible thing, but I think Id probably go with Nightcrawlers ability to teleport; that failing Id go with some sort of psychic/mind control thingy.

Green Lantern or Silver Surfer could take down your Superman. Even Batman had the might to take down the so called man of steel. Check out Frank Miller's Dark Knight from the 80's or even his current sequel DK2 out right now. Bat's stomps a huge mudhole in Superman's @**.

But if I could have any superhero's powers, then I would say Superman. I'd have those powers and still retain a sense of being human. But I'd stay away from any green rocks.

Originally posted by zonelistener:
kitty1.jpg

Powdered Toastman saves a kitty!

LOG rolls down stairs,
sometimes in pairs.....

Awww...good memories of childhood. I used to watch Ren & Stimpy all the time. Actually my parents got my sister and I logs for Christmas one year. You know it's on VH1 at 11:00? Yea, you should watch it.

------------------
Taste is the enemy of art.

You know when you're a child, a bicycle chain can make a very convincing Wonder Woman whip (or lassoo, whatever).

Did anyone want to be He-Man as a child? "By the masters of the universe - I have the powwwweeeer!!" Loved that page-boy haircut.

------------------
"The animals, baby"

Originally posted by Calvin N. Hobbes:
Green Lantern or Silver Surfer could take down your Superman. Even Batman had the might to take down the so called man of steel. Check out Frank Miller's Dark Knight from the 80's or even his current sequel DK2 out right now. Bat's stomps a huge mudhole in Superman's @**.

~~~Comic nerd mode on~~~
Since Frank Miller's series wasn't in "normal" continuity, I don't consider that to be an accurate presentation of Superman's character, since the 'real' Superman wouldn't be that naive or even stupid to get into that situation fighting Batman in the first place.

Also, Superman could beat Silver Surfer easily. What are the Surfer's powers, even?

~~~comic nerd mode off~~~

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Originally posted by zooropamanda:
Salomey..i have had a poster of the man inside my cupboard since i was about 16
smile.gif

Stevie is the greatest!
he could kick superman's butt for sure

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by PopFly:
I don't consider that to be an accurate presentation of Superman's character, since the 'real' Superman wouldn't be that naive or even stupid to get into that situation fighting Batman in the first place.

Ok, but by that statement you acknowledge that Superman would be smart enough to avoid Batman. That's self admission that Batman is the superior of Superman. And I agree that DarkKnight wasnt in continuality of the DC universe of the time BUT since that story took place in the future, one can make the argument it would be part of the continuality when that time happens to come by.

Originally posted by PopFly:
Also, Superman could beat Silver Surfer easily. What are the Surfer's powers, even?.

Surfer is very underated because "he simply has a surfboard", but people tend to overlook that he was a hearld of Galactus - a cosmic entity that destroys worlds. If he was worthy enough to serve Galactus - I can easily see him taking on Superman. He was a central character in the Infinity Gauntlet.

AND you never did mention Green Lantern.

~~~comic-book nerd mode is always on~~~~~

------------------------------------------
"Worst thread, EVER"

[This message has been edited by Calvin N. Hobbes (edited 01-03-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom