If I can only buy one CD, what should I buy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
awww,hehe. I was out of town at the PLEBA convention in Chicago. On a related note, I myself made a CD purchase while there. Picked up a Jeff Buckley disc from the bargain rack at Virgin Records. Mystery White Boy. Didn't own it, so wooo for deals!

I do hope that you can find the money in your budget to purchase all three discs. :yes: I can recommend at least two of them, and I'm sure Elliot is class act as well. Let us know what happens. :D

Drum Roll please..............

I

bought

DOVES!!!! :D

--> I actually listened to Doves and Elliott Smith "Figure 8". Elliott peaked my curiosity, but left me a little uneasy as to whether or not I'd like the whole album....... Doves....... seemed more like a sure thing after a quick listen. ;) But!!! Basstrap! I haven't given up on Elliott yet. Tracks 1, 3 and 10 were almost worth the purchase.

Perhaps this should be in Zoo Confessionals...

I actually bought David Gray "Flesh" too. On credit to boot. :huh: I couldn't resist!!! Rarely do you see his older stuff in stock and it was only $15 CAD which is practically $5 USD :lol:

*scurries away in financial ruin...

Re: Drum Roll please..............

Angel said:
I

bought

DOVES!!!! :D

--> I actually listened to Doves and Elliott Smith "Figure 8". Elliott peaked my curiosity, but left me a little uneasy as to whether or not I'd like the whole album....... Doves....... seemed more like a sure thing after a quick listen. ;) But!!! Basstrap! I haven't given up on Elliott yet. Tracks 1, 3 and 10 were almost worth the purchase.

Figure 8 is maybe my least favorite. It's very catchy and upbeat but I find the last half to be not as good as the first. It one of those albums that may have to grow on somebosy.

let me see, tracks 1 3 and 8

son of sam - beautiful tune!
Junk Bond Trader - rocking and catchy, man do I love this tune!
10 - I'm actually not sure

but you've forgotten Everything Means Nothing to Me, Somebody I used to Know, LA!! Can't Make a Sound. Give it a few more listens...hehe ;)

but I assure you
if you heard either Either/Or or XO you'd like it better!

or maybe it's not for everybody!
different folks different strokes right? :)

Damn!

Basstrap said:

Figure 8 is maybe my least favorite. ..... but I assure you
if you heard either Either/Or or XO you'd like it better!

I couldn't remember which one was your favourite. So I picked the newest one. Well... I do really like his voice... it was a toss up today. All this praise for Doves, but I am sure Elliott will be my next purchase. I just gotta simmer done for awhile. :sad:

Re: Damn!

Angel said:

I couldn't remember which one was your favourite. So I picked the newest one. Well... I do really like his voice... it was a toss up today. All this praise for Doves, but I am sure Elliott will be my next purchase. I just gotta simmer done for awhile. :sad:

that's cool
I love the Doves CD
Satelittles will reduce me to a puddle of tears any hour!

Figure Eight is an album you have to work up to. Likewise, you wouldn't introduce somebody to radiohead by Kid A
even though its a great album.

Re: Re: Damn!

Basstrap said:
Figure Eight is an album you have to work up to. Likewise, you wouldn't introduce somebody to radiohead by Kid A
even though its a great album.

ahhh, je comprende... so the first Elliott album I should buy is.....

Back
Top Bottom