if emails are worse than drugs, what would they say about blue crack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/050422/140/fgvcb.html

Just Say No! Emails Are Worse Than Drugs

Workers' IQs are damaged more by the bombardment of emails, texts and phone calls than they would be by marijuana, says a report.The constant interruptions from electronic communications were said to reduce productivity and leave people tired and lethargic.Trying to respond to all these messages and carry out normal work took its toll on workers.

In 80 clinical trials, psychiatrist Dr Glenn Wilson, from King's College London University, monitored the IQ of workers throughout the day.

He found the IQ of those who tried to juggle messages and work fell by 10 points - the equivalent to missing a whole night's sleep.

This is considerably more than the four point fall detected after smoking marijuana.

Dr Wilson said: "This is a very real and widespread phenomenon.

"We have found that this obsession with looking at messages, if unchecked, will damage a worker's performance by reducing their mental sharpness."

David Smith, from Hewlett Packard which commissioned the research, said: "The research suggests that we are in danger of being caught up in a 24-hour 'always on' society."

I may be changing jobs soon (I hope, I hope, I hope!) and one of the things that I am ashamed to admit has me anxious is that I know on the new job I won't have 'net access like I do here. :ohmy: So my Blue Crack intact during daylight hours is going to be sharply curtailed.
Damn having to work for a living. :madspit: :lmao:

This is really an addiction, trust me! I opened up a whole f:censored:g account so I could get to the blue crack while I was waiting for my new computer!! Is that pathetic, or what?:reject: :reject:

Back
Top Bottom