If Bono were to cover a Radiohead song....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
... which Radiohead song would you pick, and why?

My girlfiend and I were talking about this... we kinda couldnt decide.

Joel

Fake Plastic Trees would be a cool song for Bono to croon...a more rockin' tune would be Just...everything after The Bends is difficult to judge from Bono's voice standards, 'cause it's just so different...which makes those albums (Ok Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac) great, but just not "Bono" material.

breeders amanda thats what i thought too!

i also think bono would do a really REALLY good rendition of true love waits.

other than already covering "planet telex," it's a tough call, maybe "big ideas" or actually how about "there there," "karma police" does work well, perhaps "let down" or "the tourist" would fit, I'm just grasping at air now

walkon11 said:
Fake Plastic Trees would be a cool song for Bono to croon...a more rockin' tune would be Just...everything after The Bends is difficult to judge from Bono's voice standards, 'cause it's just so different...which makes those albums (Ok Computer, Kid A, Amnesiac) great, but just not "Bono" material.

I disagree...I think let down, lucky, no surprises, motionpicture soundtrack, knives out are all very much in the bono realm of voice.

I think it really should be adressed that thom sounds alot like bono, only with a bit of a british twang.:shocked:

I don't know...I just can't see Bono singing "Knives Out"...but I do concede that some of OK Computer would be sorta fitting...I guess I'm just going by subject material in the lyrics and not by range of voice, which I'm sure Bono could match.

Sicy said:
High & Dry

jeepers kripes!!
I totally forgot that one.....which is "stay" really...

start singing "green light", etc...right when the "don't you boy" line shows up....same tune.:shifty: :sexywink: :wave:

Creep... but that would be kinda obvious... prolly sound just like Bono singing Mofo

i dunno. :banghead:

I still think that's a stretch JOFO, but since we're on conspiracy theories try singing the lyrics to "Discotheque" when "Planet Telex" kicks in, same tune! :shifty: :wave: :sexywink:

but the problem with Bono covering Radiohead songs, is that Bono would seem ridiculous with most of Thom's lyrics coming out of his mouth, I mean really, look at the lyrics to "knives out" and imagine Bono singing them :lol:

Yes.. this is funny.. just go read some radiohead lyrics and imagine bono singing them.

I would pay top dollar to hear it.

stiiiiiiiiiilll gaaaooot it!!

im a dynamo in the sack.

i was thinking that when i made my selections, as tomm yourk has insane lyrics on many of his songs.

i would not pay top dollar to see bono cover thom, but i would pay top dollar to see each band play their own songs...and then do one reasonable cover of each song...

shut up arlin, go to sleep and stop typing you suck.

Back
Top Bottom