IE 6 Demo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dave May

Babyface
Is anyone else using the preview version of MS Explorer 6. Maybe it's just because it's the preview but...what the hell is the difference between this and IE5.5?

sorry about the late reply to this...i check this board in spurts.
anyway, i've not heard a thing about ie 6 ... is there any difference between that and 5.5? cuz that's what i use right now. i'd say maybe all they did was fix bugs, but if they did, it'd be another 5.x ie, a 6 means it's a whole new thang.
speaking of vs. 6 browsers, netscape 6 sucks, i immediately downgraded to 4.76 - and WTF happened to netscape 5? did they just skip that number to catch up to ie?

------------------
have a nice day! ;)
-------
"are you serious? do you really care what peanut butter i prefer? are you in peanut butter marketing or something?"
khanada

I am using 6 and the only difference I have found is that when I go to download a media(audio/video) a built in media player in IE offers to play them, it comes up in a split screen, sort of like the search or history on IE 5. When I try to go into FTP sites now through the browser I am told I have to download someother software, no matter what my response, the program shuts down.
So no i'm not overly impressed as of yet.

hmm. i guess that's why it's a demo - *lol*

but anyway, it sounds like ie 6 is gonna suck majorly, unless there's some changes made. maybe i'm gonna become one of those computer geeks who likes all this retro software cuz i think it's somehow better. like with netscape...yeah, i only use it when occasionally working on html stuff, but even if i only use it once a month, i couldn't stand to use netscape 6.

blah blah...

------------------
have a nice day! ;)
-------
"are you serious? do you really care what peanut butter i prefer? are you in peanut butter marketing or something?"
khanada

What IE needs is to change it's stupid dumb unintuitive history thing. It's practically useless the way it is, compared to the old versions which were much better and you could sort by more than 3 predefined things.

Back
Top Bottom