Idlewild gig in Falkirk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smooshcat

Acrobat
Yes, it was almost a month ago, but I'm a bit lazy with the posting. Sorry :reject: Anyway, for DiGi and all the other Idlewild fans here thought I should report back.

It was a great gig, they were supported by a Scottish band Terra Diablo, who supported Snow Patrol on their last tour. Spoke to Colin(the drummer), who was on T-shirt selling duty, seemed like a nice guy.

Anyhow, here's the setlist, there are only a few new songs, as Roddy explained on the official site earlier, he doesn't like "deafening people with the unfamiliar" or something.... but there was a good cross section from their back catalogue.

1, Hold Your Breath(new)
2, Modern Way Of Letting Go
3, I Am A Message
4, Love steals(new)
5, Little Discourage
6, Happy To Be Here Tonight
7, You held the world
8, Looking for a love that’s right for me (a Neil Young cover)
9, When I Argue I See Shapes
10, Rusty
11, Listen To What You’ve Got
12, Live In A Hiding Place
13, Film for the future
14, Goodnight(new)

Encore:
1, American English (acoustic)
2, Not just sometimes but always (acoustic)(and new)
3, Roseabilty

The Neil Young cover worked well, and I liked the new stuff, except "Goodnight", which just didn't do much for me:shrug: New album's due in March and as yet has no name.

DANG!!!!!! That sounds awesome, I freaking cant wait to see them live for the first time!!!!

CANNOT WAIT for the new album!!!!!

my brother (Dr. Musk) sent me this today. From their website.....

New York city on the night of Halloween:
High fiving and dressed up as Frankenstein.
A spaghetti dinner with whiskey sours and a walk around the lower east side the next morning blasting the record from headphones.
One final check, and our fifth album is finally finished.

The men of Idlewild set a smile half proud, half relieved. Always happy.

Look out for some UK acoustic shows in January, followed by a US/UK tour around the record's release at the beginning of March 2005.

HeartlandGirl said:
U.S. tour, baby! :up:

Mofo, we are so there!

YOU KNOW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Word to the mutha!!! (wait, that's BBD, not Idlewild....) :wink:

:up:

Errr, I'm crap at describing music.... and I find it hard to form an opinion and remember songs when you hear them first at a gig. But the songs sound like a step forward from The Remote Part, I can't wait to hear the album.

I got some good(ish) photos(second row) but my scanner's playing up, :mad: I'm trying to get it working...

Back
Top Bottom