Ideas for a Spider-Man 4

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
It will happen. We all know this. Sony has stated they want 6 films, regardless of Raimi/Maguire's participation. I'd hate to change cast this late, but if Peter Jackson can't do The Hobbit, I'd like Raimi to do it. If we had to change directors, maybe someone like Zack Snyder, who already has 300 under his belt and is working on The Watchmen. Maybe even David Goyer, who seems to be moving more into directing along with screenwriting. If he did the script and the film, I think it would be an interesting direction for the series, though maybe too dark. Aaaaanyway, what I'm thinking for a plot:

A few years down the road, Peter and MJ have moved out of the city and Peter is working as a college professor. The supervillain rash ended with Venom and Sandman, and everything is okay. Then Doc Connors goes missing just as sightings of The Lizard begin. Peter's curiosity is piqued, and he returns to the city. At the same time, reality TV star Kraven the hunter appears with cameras behind him, ready to capture and kill the Lizard on live television. Peter stops him and helps restore Connors, and Kraven swears to hunt Spider-Man down.

It's heavily influenced by the second arc of Ultimate Spider-Man, sans Doc Ock plus the Lizard. The two seem like a natural combination, much more than trying to connect Venom and the Sandman. I think it could make a good film. They already have a reat Curt Connors, and if they can keep Maguire on board, the only real casting to be done would be Kraven. I'm not sure who, though.

Carnage is so one-dimensional, though. Although I guess the same could be said of Kraven. Going with the Ultimate version at least adds some degree of social commentary. Of course, the Ultimate Carnage route is an option, too, with Doc Connors still having a bit of the symbiote. Cue death of Gwen Stacy and her "resurrection" as Carnage... or not. I just can't see Carnage working well in a PG-13 film. Lizard has depth, but Carnage is both too bloody to just be a side character and too boring to be the main villian.

Raimi wanted to Vulture. To which I say "um no" unless in a cameo bit.

Mysterio?

The Best villians I feel that are left to be explored are...

Electro (hopefully not in the same uni, haha)
Mysterio
The Rhino
Scorpion

The Lizard would be perfect since Dr. Connors has already been introduced.

How about Kingpin guys?

Carnage could work--similar to the Joker in Batman. It could be done, but I agree that the character probably won't be done justice, because they want to make sure the kids can watch it as well.

The rumor on the net is that its going to be The Lizard and Carnage in Spiderman 4. I guess a major question is whether Mcguire is going to be Spiderman in the next one. Typically I'm all for keeping things the same. But I think he is replaceable in the role.

UnforgettableLemon said:
The name that's been tossed around forever is Jake Gyllenhaal, who I think would be good. But I like Tobey.

I could see that. Dont get me wrong though I would rather it be Tobey just for the sake of continuity. But the rumor is he has been hedging on doing another one. Probably a contract negotiation ploy. But its a case where I dont think it has to be him for Spiderman 4 to be good.

Now Peter Jackson not doing the Hobbit. That has disaster written all over it. Similiar thing for the next Batman "The Dark Night". If they got someone else besides Bale I think it would have the potential to go down hill. I think he is perfect for that role and one of the reasons Batman Begins was successful (not to mention the script and direction).

Bale's going to be Batman for at least two more movies (including Dark Knight) so that's okay.

I truly believe if Raimi is involved and the script is good, Dunst and McGuire will return. Also, if the rumors are true about David Koepp (writer of Spidey 1, Jurassic Park, Indy 4, Mission: Impossible...) being recruited for the 4th, that would be even better.

The best villains to introduce at this point in time are definitely The Lizard and the Ultimate version of Carnage. Dr. Connors, Gwen Stacy, and Venom have already been established and it seems an easy story to tell and could set up 5 and 6.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Bale's going to be Batman for at least two more movies (including Dark Knight) so that's okay.

I truly believe if Raimi is involved and the script is good, Dunst and McGuire will return. Also, if the rumors are true about David Koepp (writer of Spidey 1, Jurassic Park, Indy 4, Mission: Impossible...) being recruited for the 4th, that would be even better.

The best villains to introduce at this point in time are definitely The Lizard and the Ultimate version of Carnage. Dr. Connors, Gwen Stacy, and Venom have already been established and it seems an easy story to tell and could set up 5 and 6.

I knew Bale was in for "The Dark Knight" didnt know he was for the next one. That is good news. I wonder who the villians will be for Batman after TDK. Obviously Joker in this upcoming one. I hope they dont go to the Penguin. My guess is that Cat Woman will make an appearence though.

I'm looking forward to next summer for Indy 4 and Batman. Lets hope Lucas doesnt screw up the Indy franchise.

Harvey Dent's being introduced in Dark Knight to eventually become Two Face in the third film. I'm thinking that Catwoman is the most likely other villain to appear in this set of movies.

Rachel McAdams for Catwoman!

Back
Top Bottom