I'd rather drive in silence than listen to...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Fall Out Boy, Panic At the Disco, all those other emo shit bands, and Nickleback except for "Rockstar":reject: which I enjoy blasting and singing along with while driving.:reject:

U2isthebest said:
and Nickleback except for "Rockstar":reject: which I enjoy blasting and singing along with while driving.:reject:

1174329819-fail.b.jpg

U2isthebest said:

Add this to my list too.

It's number one on my list too. Particularly for the bit that goes:

We'll have it good
We'll have the life we knew we would
My word is good

It just sounds so lazy.

Elvis Ain't Dead by Scouting For Girls is also extremely annoying and if Virgin Radio introduce Rockstar as "everyone's favourite guilty pleasure" one more time...

boo said:
pink floyd, grateful dead, etc :yuck:

mindless stoner rock.

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I don't know about the Grateful Dead, but Pink Floyd certainly didn't write mindless stoner rock. That's nothing more than an idiotic stereotype.

GibsonGirl said:
I don't know about the Grateful Dead, but Pink Floyd certainly didn't write mindless stoner rock. That's nothing more than an idiotic stereotype.

Tell me about it. :sigh: I didn't wanna respond but now I'm too tempted. Here goes...

YOU DON'T NEED DRUGS TO ENJOY THE DREAM-LIKE SOUNDSCAPES OF GILMOUR OR THE MASTERFUL AND PASSIONATE STORYTELLING OF WATERS!

YOU DON'T NEED DRUGS TO ENJOY PINK FLOYD!

:sigh:

Zootlesque said:

YOU DON'T NEED DRUGS TO ENJOY THE DREAM-LIKE SOUNDSCAPES OF GILMOUR OR THE MASTERFUL AND PASSIONATE STORYTELLING OF WATERS!

YOU DON'T NEED DRUGS TO ENJOY PINK FLOYD!

Quoted for truth.

Another thing I'd like to add to that:

PINK FLOYD DID NOT WRITE ALL OF THEIR MATERIAL WHEN THEY WERE HIGH.

A quote from Richard Wright:

http://www.luckymojo.com/barrett/refs/9611kriteman.html

The psychedelic music, the Pink Floyd's and also in your album, was always connected to drugs. What came first in your case?

Wright: "Factually, we started during the late '60s with the psychedelic music, a period that was known as experimental as far as drugs were concerned. The Pink Floyd were in the middle of that culture, so everyone naturally assumed that we were also doing drugs. But that wasn't the case. In Syd Barrett's case it was, but not in our case. I think that music was our drug. Of course, we all did drugs here and there in social events, but I've tried only once in my life, and it was marijuana, before a show. We went onstage, I think it was in Paris in '68, and I couldn't play a single note. Actually, I did manage to play one note. It's a mistake thinking that drugs supplied Pink Floyd with the inspiration. The ones who took drugs were the ones who came to see the shows."

- - During that period it was popular to take LSD before the show.

Wright (lighting another Marlboro): "We didn't even think of that. Personally, maybe because of the way I was educated I didn't feel a need. It's true that there are a lot of bands who do that, but it's a mythos that the Pink Floyd did drugs in shows. The most we took was half a glass of beer."

They all dabbled with drugs outside of the music, but the music itself wasn't shaped by the drugs. It's stupid to even suggest it was.

Back
Top Bottom