I'd like anyones comments/opinions on these two 'statements'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Right - do u believe in the following statements because A) - You've said them yourself ......or B) - You may not have been there, but you would believe its true at some point ( u just aint hit on it yet)

Because, I really really question the following two that many many pple come out with....they are:

(on documentaries, or any true stories I've read, the women, mainly, come out with these)

A) - 'As soon as I laid eyes on him, I knew he'd be mine. He'd be my husband forever'

B) - 'As soon as we met/clapped eyes on each other, it was love at first sight'

Now, my interpretation of these two (sometimes pple word more or different) is that the marriage has been a good, long, mainly happy one..........so its easier to say them....
I just get puzzled because it could be lust, taht turns to love................and, how would u really know when u dont even know the persons name yet! :rolleyes:

do u agree with me? or disagree?

:eyebrow:

:)

I really don't believe in love at first sight. I think it is one thing to meet a guy and initially go "Wooooo he's cute!" But you never know he could be a complete jerk. You can't by looking at someone know their personality. I believe love has to evolve over time.

*edited to make sense*

I've never said either myself, but I know what it's like to feel an incredibly strong connection with someone as soon as you meet him.

I like Kylie

I don't believe in it but my dad does he met my mum in a black taxi maddie lol...well he was in the taxi with her and followed her when she got out and said oh excuse me could i ask you your name and he asked her out on a date baaahaaahaaa at my paw! :)

My mum said she lied about her name and didnt like him for a couple of weeks lol but she must have grew to love him cus they have been married since she was 20 and shes 38 now 18 years!!!!

I get weird guys who tell me they think we r getting married and now this other guy is all like oh yeh ive loved u since we first met and i was going out with his friend about 4 weeks ago and he said the same thing too- so much for young guys of 17 and 18 not into long term relationships- i get these weird freaks saying they love me and they wanna marry me and it makes me wanna throw up!!!!!!! Its so stupid- im no love fool! :D

in my opinion....

love at first sight = purely physical attraction

and thus = not LOVE at first sight, rather LUST at first sight.......

Back
Top Bottom