Id just like to ask. (that band-loss-comeback thang)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
ok, 2 weeks or so ago, I was listenin to SMUK chart show and heard that 'Feeder' were back...........and of course there was an unfortunate incident where the drummer commited suicide, right? And now, after a good space of time, they are back...........

well, Id like to ask u all...............IF (remembering not many do come back on the scene after losing someone).........giving Feeder an example of their music comeback.........do you agree or disagree with bands who do this?

I mean, do you think its right for them to replace someone and make a comeback after time for their fans.....? Or do you maybe find it distasteful in that no-one should be replaced?

maybe you would need to see a number of comebacks with replacements before you change your opinion of not minding to minding..........or vice-versa.

does anyone get what Im asking?

basically, it didnt bother me, but then Im not a big Feeder fan and for me its the first 'band-loss, band-comeback' thang...........

of course diff if theres a group ur very fond off.............................

I dunno, this thread could be pointless..........:shrug:

and Im not saying 'oh oh ah ah yay yay....any unfortunate incident should be replaced full stop!'...nooooooooooooo Im simply asking......are u 'bothered' by it, if it happens, when it happens, should it happen.

:reject:

mmmm, its difficult I guess all bands are different. I personally, for example, think that INXS should have debanded, and then if they all still wanted to continue on, maybe change names, keep their style etc, but become a new band I guess. But then, I think part of it with these bands is maybe they want to continue on FOR that lost band member, kinda like a legacy perhaps? In that case, its not our place to judge. These people are closer to these lost members than we ignorant fans will ever be.
There's a lot of factors to be taking into consideration I suppose. One other thing is taking away even one member of a band, can change the whole dynamic. I think that some should not try to vainly keep going when the original combination is changed so the magic cannot continue.

I cant say I have an opinion on the whole about it, and I don't know if all this was what you are meaning maddie, but I look at some bands and think it would have been better to not continue on. But its just my thoughts, and only some bands I guess.

I'm not too bothered by it, it's the band's decision after all. In cases like the Charlatans, who lost arguably their most influential member in Rob Collins, I really applaud them for soldiering on despite their already hard times. Manic Street Preachers lost their most colourful member in Richey Edwards, but they moved on and for better or for worse, have become an excellent pop group. Same with New Order. In a way, it's all up to the band. I'm all for them continuing, whether under a new name or old. But if they don't want to, that's fine also. All up to the band. If they continue on, I applaud them. If they break up, I can understand the reasons why.

If I came off a tad selfish or unwieldy or just plain <negative quality here>, apologies, but this really is my honest opinion.

yertle-the-turtle said:
I'm not too bothered by it, it's the band's decision after all. In cases like the Charlatans, who lost arguably their most influential member in Rob Collins, I really applaud them for soldiering on despite their already hard times. Manic Street Preachers lost their most colourful member in Richey Edwards, but they moved on and for better or for worse, have become an excellent pop group. Same with New Order. In a way, it's all up to the band. I'm all for them continuing, whether under a new name or old. But if they don't want to, that's fine also. All up to the band. If they continue on, I applaud them. If they break up, I can understand the reasons why.

:up:

Back
Top Bottom