ICDE v.3.0: Three Continents, Two Predecessors, and a Moderator in a Pear Tree - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 08-29-2003, 03:27 PM   #1
pax
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:50 PM
ICDE v.3.0: Three Continents, Two Predecessors, and a Moderator in a Pear Tree

Hello Interlanders!

Yes, it's that time already: time to start planning the Interference CD Exchange v.3.0. I'm back to (mostly) run the show, but there are going to be some changes this time around, too.

First of all, I'm looking for some ideas on how this ICDE should be run.

--If you participated in both of the last two, which did you prefer? Why?
--If you did not participate in either of the last two, would you like to participate now? What kind of new format might you suggest?
--Are there any additional ideas that might improve the efficiency of this and subsequent ICDEs?

Also, I'm looking for some backup, if at all possible. I'm EXTREMELY busy, not only with school and work, but a brand-new squeeze too. So an assistant or two would be absolutely fabulous.

--Are you interested in working as a co-facilitator or assistant on the ICDE v.3.0?
--Do you have any experience with Microsoft Excel and/or Access that might be helpful?
--Do you have good people skills, especially with writing e-mails and answering questions and such?
--Depending on the format of how people will be matched this time, the real "hard" work might take anywhere from 2-10 days. This won't happen for at least a month, so make sure you have some time open near the end of September to devote to the matching process.

Finally, simply reply to this thread if you are interested in participating. If you like, you can e-mail me at paxetaurora@interference.com with further comments or questions.

--Please share your experiences as an ICDE participant with fellow Interlanders. Why is it fun? Why should people consider signing up who have not joined before?
--Please feel free to make suggestions in this thread, by PM, or by e-mail. Contact me, NOT April, as April has asked to sit this one out as a coordinator.

That should cover it. Have fun!

Join Amnesty.
Old 08-29-2003, 03:43 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Im in, I have not been a part of the other two due to my lack of burning capacities, however I would like to be a part of this one......

Old 08-29-2003, 03:49 PM   #3
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

I liked the 2nd one the best because I actually received mixes this time!

Though I'm still missing one. But I'll be dealing with him. *shakes fist*

I'm definitely in for this one!!!

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 08-29-2003, 04:22 PM   #4
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:50 PM
I think I'd like to participate. I missed out on the last two. Can someone explain to me what it's all about, please?
Old 08-29-2003, 04:28 PM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 07:50 PM
I am an exchange newbie also. Same disease as EP.

But, I want to be involved.

Tell me more!!!!
Old 08-29-2003, 05:17 PM   #6
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 10:50 AM
everyone deserves good music, sweet music

Even though the exchange sounds like a lot of fun, I won't get involved. Things get crazy here in springtime, so I'd not want to upset the apple cart any more.
But,
I just wanted to say...
good on you paxetaurora. I love the title you gave this thread( next time 4 continents..someone send a few to sula in Africa) AND I love your use of the word squeeze
Congratulations!!Best wishes 2U
Old 08-29-2003, 05:27 PM   #7
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 04:50 PM
I just wanted to say that the last CDE was awesome!! but I wont be able to take part in the Exchange this time
Old 08-29-2003, 08:44 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:50 AM
I liked the ICDE because I got nice CDs with new music...the first one brought the great music of Damien Rice and the Smashing Pumpkins into my home, and the other the beauteous sounds of Bettie Serveert and Tori Amos (among loads of others, of course).

Join up, it's fun!

And I'm sure Mr. Popmartijn, when he sees this thread, will definitely be offering his services, or at the very least giving wonderful ideas to use!

(P.S. I'm not sure whether I can participate in this one, as I won't be too free for the whole of September and the first few weeks of October)
Old 08-29-2003, 09:58 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Local Time: 07:50 PM
Hurray! ICDE3!

I liked the last one the best because it ensured you'd get something you'd enjoy, and didn't already have. Which is great. I feel like I am definitely giving someone something they actually want, and I don't have to worry so much about whether they'll like it, since they did ask for it.

Can't wait for it to begin -- I'll definitely participate.
Old 08-29-2003, 11:21 PM   #10
I Serve Larry's Stick

I'm in on this one. For the first two, I was at school and away from my burner. Now I can take part...
Old 08-30-2003, 03:17 AM   #11
Jesus Online

Local Time: 11:50 AM
so you submit a list of all the mp3's you have, then you send the ones to someone who wants them? that has to be one of the worst sentances ever written on here lol.
can someone explain again how it works?
i never participated in the first 2, but am curious about it all. and would love to help the organising in any way pax.
Old 08-30-2003, 03:18 AM   #12
Jesus Online

Local Time: 11:50 AM
which 3 continents are they?

i need to pay more attention to things
Old 08-30-2003, 10:52 AM   #13
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:50 AM
Hello,

Do I have to reply to say that I'm ! Or is that a given...

BTW, before I start with addressing Pax's questions/comments, here's a small summary for those not totally familiar with the process:

The ICDE, or Interference CD Exchange, is a project where Interferencers send self-made CD's/tapes to each other. I don't think I can explain it any shorter. During the first ICDE all the participants sent one (or more) mix compilation to one (or more) other participants. With the second ICDE the organisors tried to match demand and supply of certain music (Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan, sad music, blues, etc.). And this ICDE? That's for us to decide.

Anyway, here are my comments (should someone care... ):
- If you participated in both of the last two, which did you prefer? Why?
I'm not making it easier here, but I don't have a preference. Both times I just made 'random' mixes and both times I got great compilations. Of course I'll look what the theme will be of this next ICDE, but I'll probably make 'random' mixes again. That said, I really enjoyed getting a Rolling Stones mix and a U2 live mix the second time.
- Are there any additional ideas that might improve the efficiency of this and subsequent ICDEs?
Nope, I think it runs quite well. There'll always be little hiccups and, unfortunately, a rotten apple here and there (person who isn't sending any mixes), but for the rest it runs very well.
- Are you interested in working as a co-facilitator or assistant on the ICDE v.3.0?
My enthousiasm isn't a secret, judging from some replies in this thread. Unfortunately, I'll also be extremely busy next month. Not in the least because I'm going to move house in October. Sorry... I'll try to better my life for the next rounds...

OK, this thread made me long again for those ICDE mixes I've made and received.

C ya!

Marty (who even listened to someone's Interland Mix this morning: Moby - The Rafters)
Old 08-30-2003, 10:55 AM   #14
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Angela Harlem
which 3 continents are they?

i need to pay more attention to things
I would guess (North) America, Europe and Asia. If an Aussie participated last time it's even 4 continents!

C ya!

Marty (who thinks that North and South America are 2 continents)
Old 08-30-2003, 11:05 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:50 PM
I missed the first two, but would like to join on for ICDE3!