ICDE v.3.0: Let the Mayhem Begin

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
okey dokey, I'm in.

:)

hope no one minds getting a mix from someone who writes 'okey dokey' :|

*edit*

uh...nevermind that...

email sent :D

Last edited:
I got inspired this afternoon and auditioned songs for about two hours. Still working on the tracklisting, though.

I finished the tracklisting earlier this week, although I have to admit that I'd been auditioning tracks for a few weeks. But now I'm starting to get worried. Is the tracklisting not too mainstream? Is the flow OK? Why can't I include that song? Etc.

:reject:

Marty (who needs to start on the coverart)

coverart?!?!?!?!?!

i'm on something like draft 4 of my tracklisting, but coverart??

Popmartijn said:
I finished the tracklisting earlier this week, although I have to admit that I'd been auditioning tracks for a few weeks. But now I'm starting to get worried. Is the tracklisting not too mainstream? Is the flow OK? Why can't I include that song? Etc.

:reject:

Marty (who needs to start on the coverart)

lol I think mine is 95% done, the 5% left for crazy changes of heart.

hey marty, which programme do you use for your cover art? i tried using the one bundled with nero but i have no idea how to use it properly. hmm.

I usually scan a picture and then edit it using PhotoPaint (from Corel), although I think Paint Shop Pro etc. will also work.

joyfulgirl said:
I can't do tracklists until I know who I'm sending mixes to. :huh:

i'm sure my tracklistings will change as soon as i find out who. but i'm realising the shortcomings of what style of music i'm most knowlegable in terms of altering a mix to suit someone who

i am rambling. :|

whoever you are, please don't rip my head off, i'll try to make a mix that's likeable.

joyfulgirl said:
I can't do tracklists until I know who I'm sending mixes to. :huh:

Well, for this random mix I'd like to choose music again that I like. The compilation also has to tell a story I'd like to tell. But in a way you're right. This afternoon I was listening to some music when the same thought hit me. The final mix also does depend (partly) on the person receiving it. I know, for example, that should I have a certain person on my list (I won't mention any names, so don't ask whether or not that person would be meegannie ;)) I would make a totally different compilation. And it would contain none of the tracks I've selected now and that person would probably not have heard most of them...

But I do have one tracklist already. :)

C ya!

Marty

I'm thinking of making a huge list of songs I love and then narrowing it down to an actual tracklist when I find out who I'm sending mixes to.

Bono's shades said:
I'm thinking of making a huge list of songs I love and then narrowing it down to an actual tracklist when I find out who I'm sending mixes to.

That's what I've been doing so far. Nothing will be final until I know who I will be sending CDs to.

Hi everybody! :wave:

I know I haven't updated the list for a while, but I will update it in a minute (see p. 2 of thread). If you don't see your name, e-mail or PM me.

Also, if you'd still like to join, I'm extending the deadline to sign up--I'm so not ready to do the matching anyway. I'll extend the deadline till this time next week (like, sometime around midnight on 10/13, I guess).

OKay, thanks. :)

Angela Harlem said:
artwork....:crazy:
i feel sorry already for whoever receives my mix
:lol:

glad to see i'm not the only one who was a litle scared by that...:lol:

Angela Harlem said:
artwork....:crazy:
i feel sorry already for whoever receives my mix
:lol:

Why? Artwork is only secundary, it's the music that counts. And based on some indications what might be on the CD, I wouldn't mind receiving a compilation from you. :sexywink:

C ya!

Marty

haha thats the whole point marty...artowrk is only secondary and will be another reason mine could suck so badly i get banned from all future ICDE's :D
unlike IWB who will put some amazing compilation together...!

Angela Harlem said:
haha thats the whole point marty...artowrk is only secondary and will be another reason mine could suck so badly i get banned from all future ICDE's :D
unlike IWB who will put some amazing compilation together...!

we'll just wait and see who the disaster is...and it will be me

paxetaurora > I sent you an email on Friday but don't see my name on the list. I sent two emails to the first link, both bounced back, and then another one to the alternate email address you listed and that one didn't bounce back so I thought you got it. Shall I resend?

Can someone answer a question for me, please? :)

I said I would make two CDs. Does that mean I will be making one CD for two people or two CDs to send to one person?

Maths confuse me. :confused:
Thanks!

probably means you'll be sending to two people

usually i make double disc sets for each person because quite frankly, i enjoy making mixes. i don't think there's a cap on the amount of cds. i hope. :p

yertle-the-turtle said:
usually i make double disc sets for each person because quite frankly, i enjoy making mixes. i don't think there's a cap on the amount of cds. i hope. :p

Should you mail me an ICDE3 compilation then I'd like no more than 6 CD's, please. :tongue: (6 is the number of slots I have in my car CD changer, BTW)

:D

Marty

you havge a 6 slot cd changer in your CAR??

wow. my cd player at home only has three...well, 4 if you count the cd burner slot which works as a regular slot as well, but it doesn't switch up on shuffle mode...so 3 and a half i guess.

i love making mixes too :yes:

Back
Top Bottom