ICC Champions Trophy (cricket)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

yertle-the-turtle

ONE love, blood, life
This should be a fun tournament.

I'm picking India to play South Africa in the final. And win.

Although that's being very optimistic on the Indians' poor showing in the last few ODIs, but they're good at home.

New Zealand will win.

Please note: above comment pertains to some Alternate Bizarro Universe and should not be taken as a prediction regarding reality.

We'll have to wait and see... I personally won't mind if he does get arrested because I think ol' Herschell is both a disgrace to the sport as well as South Africa. Just thinking about him brings back sour memories.

"South Africa batsman Herschelle Gibbs will meet India police on Thursday regarding match-fixing allegations from six years ago.
The 32-year-old flew in to Mumbai in India on Wednesday and will travel to Delhi for questioning. "

I think he has bought enough lawyers and enough fine money to keep himself away from prison

but Gibbs as a batsman...magnificient to watch...u remember his 175 in the 400+ RSA win

Wow that England innings was a combination of really crappy England batting and really good Indian bowling.

And a really head-scratching batting order too. Yardy at four? He's a decent batsman but it's only his third or fourth ODI and he's more of a bowling all-rounder. Flintoff at three didn't really pay dividends either.

And Harmison's first over. :cringe:

It's good to see some ODI matches where batsmen are having to work hard for their runs. Sure the pitches aren't great for batting, but it's refreshing to have the bowlers on top for a change.

Might as well be the World Cup.

Next year's World Cup is gonna be a farce. Too many nations who are crap and not yet anywhere near an acceptable standard.

Yeah my guess is that one of Australia, Srilanka or India wins the cup in 07. SriLanka and India are the best equipped though.... my guess is that the World Cup comes back to the subcontinent this time.

You never know with Aus though. Still a long way to go...Symonds, Clarke and Hussey is a very strong middle order.

Should be exciting.

And on a side-note I hope Shoaib and Asif clear up their problem.

Edit: As I posted that Jerome Taylor got a big one on Damien Martyn's helmet. Ouch.

Last edited:
So Mr. Taylor has officially arrived. That was some performance, and now one worries about Aus in this tournament, which doesnt count though.
the wickets are a bit dicy though.... we in India are plagued by problems of wickets being either too flat or to difficult to play on. If not that, then chances are the weather or the dew will be a factor. the toss then becomes the vital issue.
But so far India are looking good, and isnt it just like Pakistan to come up with a backs to the wall victory over a good side when everything seems stacked against them?

That was a decent start by Bell and Strauss but to have only two other batsmen get into double figures after that is unacceptable.

Harmison and co. are going to have to bowl the best performances of their lives in the Aussie innings and I highly doubt this will happen.

1) Yardy wasn't at four today but five is a no-go as well. He's a pretty good bowler (as his stats today will testify) and a decent batsman but why is he playing higher up than Collingwood? Defies belief.

2) If Chris Read is being selected ahead of Geraint Jones on the strength of his batting...

3) How come Steve Harmison looks world class with a red ball but utterly crap with a white one (the only person I've seen bowl a wider wide than the one he did against India last week was me).

4) Some of that Aussie fielding in the England innings was world-class.

im really hoping england beat the windies tonight, at the moment they need 26 of 23 so its still very possible, i want this to happen coz then if Australia beats india tomorrow we will win group A by NRR

if Gayle won't be named man of the series than I would shake my head in disbelieve :tsk:

I have no real prediction for this final
I would still consider Aus favourite by the smallest of margins

looks like we'll win....i don'ge t akick out of the one day game so it's pretty meaningless to me....

But Bracken is on fire, Tait should get the 3rd pace bowling spot for the Ashes, but I do hope that Johnson and Clark miss out...

Back
Top Bottom