I Wouldn't Wanna Meet Jack White In A Dark Alley...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JACK WHITE PLEADS GUILTY

JACK WHITE will have to attend anger management training after pleading guilty to assault and battery against VON BONDIES singer JASON STOLLTEIMER.

As previously reported on NME.COM, Jack appeared in a Detroit court today (March 9) to defend himself against the charge.

The White Stripes star's legal problems relate to a fight in December last year when he got into a bar brawl with Von Bondies? singer Jason Stollsteimer at the Detroit Magic Stick.

Jack won?t have to serve jail time but will pay a $500 fine and $250 in court costs.

The singer has been told not to contact Stollsteimer, and he will have to attend anger management classes.

36th District Court Judge Paula Humphries heard Jack had punched and spat at the Von Bondies star during the brawl which started after Jack took offence at Jason's comments in the press about him.

Speaking after the hearing Jack read out a statement to reporters, which read: ?This was a personal matter and not a press promotion. I regret allowing myself to be provoked to the point of getting into a fistfight but I was raised to believe that honour and integrity mean something and that those principles are worth defending.?

White's laywer Wally Piszczatowski added: "We're very happy with the result and we're happy that the most highly celebrated bar-scuffle in the history of the city of Detroit has finally come to an end. Jack is pleased he can focus on what he does best, which is making music and attending to his very busy schedule, and can do so without having to think about the criminal charges."

I adore Jack and his music. I'm glad he's going to get some professional help to deal with his anger issues. To put him in the same misfit/degrade women category as Kid Rock and Eminem bothers me. I've gotten into fist fights before but that doesn't make me a freak, misfit or a criminal.

I noticed the news on MTV here...self defence? :huh:

Then how come Jack White only had his hand bruised a bit and the other guy is all messed up?
I think he was lucky if anger management is all he got.

U2girl said:

Then how come Jack White only had his hand bruised a bit and the other guy is all messed up?
I think he was lucky if anger management is all he got.

It was really lame for him to claim self-defense, altho to Jack, he probably meant he was trying to save face - though ironically, beating the shit out of someone does the exact opposite. Thank goodness he just owned up to it and is getting help.

HelloAngel said:
I've gotten into fist fights before but that doesn't make me a freak, misfit or a criminal.

Same here.

U2girl said:

Yeah, I'm not sure I understand that. Jack said he was provoked into it, but everything I've read made it seem that Jack was the one who started shit...like it was unprovoked. But there are two sides to every story, and none of us were there, so I guess who are we to judge? :shrug:

Anger management is a bad thing IMO. What, try so hard to piss someone off, make them as mad as they can get, then not allow them to show their feelings? It only makes them hold the pent up anger inside until it explodes. I saw one news story where an abusive husband drove directly from his anger management class and killed his wife in cold blood in front of his young kids. I've heard of other stories where people going through it committed crimes. It's a dumb thing to do. I don't think Jack White has any kind of anger problem. He just got pissed off. It happens.

U2Kitten said:
Anger management is a bad thing IMO. What, try so hard to piss someone off, make them as mad as they can get, then not allow them to show their feelings? It only makes them hold the pent up anger inside until it explodes. I saw one news story where an abusive husband drove directly from his anger management class and killed his wife in cold blood in front of his young kids. I've heard of other stories where people going through it committed crimes. It's a dumb thing to do. I don't think Jack White has any kind of anger problem. He just got pissed off. It happens.

Gosh - this is one of those few times where someone has actually made me see another side of an argument. Very good point! :up: I still love Jack despite fist fights and movie star girlfriends. :combust:

Back
Top Bottom