I would pay ALOT of money to see Queen tour with George Michael

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
I've just listen to the version of "Somebody To Love" with Queen and George from the Freddie tribute concert.

George could pull off Queen live.

I'd pay ALOT to see that show. He's a great singer. He's gay enough. And he really had a feel for the material.

He could pull of Tie Your Mother Down.

He could Pull Of Bohemian Rhapsody.

He Could pull off Killer Queen.

He could pull of Stone Cold Crazy.

He could do all of them.

George and Queen would be awesome. Not quite Freddie, but darn good.

Absolutely! I love that Five Live version of Somebody To Love. Whatever anyone says, George has got a great voice!

Zootlesque said:
Absolutely! I love that Five Live version of Somebody To Love. Whatever anyone says, George has got a great voice!

Yeah, he can fucking sing! With technical ability and emotion.

Would it ever happen though?

I agree it'd be absolutely amazing. It annoys me to no end that George Michael is so underrated....I say bring him back with Queen.

I heard "Under Pressure" last night. It really hit me while listening to it how good a voice Freddie had (David Bowie was no slouch on that song, either).

Anywho...it'd be interesting to see George performing with Queen...I don't mind some of George's songs, after all, and they've shown a clip on VH1 Classic of George doing a song with Queen, and he sounded good...

Course, like stated, nobody can beat Freddie, though.

Angela

fah said:
:no:

It's not Queen without Freddie Mercury

Okay, nothing can compare to Freddie Mercury's voice but he's dead! isn't he? And George Michael in my opinion did a splendid job with Somebody To Love and that whole Five Live EP. So it would be great if he comes back instead of Paul Rogers. I don't know, I get bored by Bad Company being played on the radio.

fah said:
I think sometimes surviving band members just have to realize that it's over and they have to move on. Form a new band and make some new music.

Well... I agree with you there.. about new music. But performing live, if you can get somebody with a great voice that fits in very well, I say what's the harm in doing that?

I just get the feeling that the surviving band members are doing it for the money and if they had been really interested in replacing Freddie they would have done it a long time ago.

And as much as I have enjoyed Paul Rodgers in both Bad Company and Free there is no way he could fill Freddie's spandex on stage :D

fah said:
I just get the feeling that the surviving band members are doing it for the money and if they had been really interested in replacing Freddie they would have done it a long time ago.

And as much as I have enjoyed Paul Rodgers in both Bad Company and Free there is no way he could fill Freddie's spandex on stage :D

Of course. Freddie is always #1. No question. And nobody could replace him. But, since he's dead, and Queen are still touring, the best way to hear Queen songs live would be with the vocal acrobat that George Michael is.

I would see that in a heartbeat! That's the only way I'd see queen without Freddie I :heart: George Michael!

one4u2 said:
I would see that in a heartbeat! That's the only way I'd see queen without Freddie I :heart: George Michael!

Yeah... remember that Bonoesque George Michael pic I posted and it turned into a GM appreciation thread? :lol:

Back
Top Bottom