I would have randooooomed with you til the end

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to an Irish Pub for lunch today and they had tons of veggie options on the menu! :love: If only could have ordered a nice pint to go along with it :drool:

They had a lot of Irish terms on the menu and signs with odd phrases on the walls. Everyone was asking me what it all meant. Thankfully I knew what they wanted to know or I'd look like a :reject:

shari schultz said:
I have watched to much Super Disaster on the Discovery Channel lately :huh: Now it is Super Typhoon.

Ah, nothing like a little gloom and doom! :wink:

Have you seen the super volcano one. Where basically Yellowstone Park blows up because they say its basically enormous volcano? :nerd: :reject:

Last weekend, my sister and I saw a local new reporter (channel 8 for any Tampa people out there :wink: ) seated with his family in the booth behind us at a restaurant.

All we remember is that he did not like the carrots they put on his salad. He was on tv just now. My sister and I cracked each other up by saying, "I'm not too fond of carrots." :lmao:.

Keith Cate, he's not too fond of carrots

:shrug: yeah, you kind of had to be there

I am developing some really bad sleeping habits. I have been up till at last 2 am for the past week. I sleep in till 9 or 10.........(today was 11 :uhoh: )

I was spending some quality time with my mom watching cooking shows and she told me that when she was in school she had to help clean up when a group of teachers were cooking soup for a parents meeting one of them went to the pantry to get what they thought was salt or sugar...she couldnt remember which one and accidently got detergent instead and put it in the soup. The soup started to foam and bubble all over the place! :laugh:

I think I may go watch a movie now...I've been in movie mode this week :drool:

I did that once (well, not while cooking). Years ago, I volunteered at the zoo (sounds fun, but in reality it was just dirty and grimy). In the aviary, we were washing the bird food dishes - I put in some soap, turned away to do something else and accidently left the water running - came back and found soap mountain! :yikes:.

I also found out I was allergic to fish scales. We used to feed the pelicans frozen fish and cut up other fish for the birds to eat. I used to come home with little red itchy bumps over my hands and arms from the fish scales :yuck:.

random youtube fun:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF6t7gqVpqI

best sesame street song ever that's not on a cd :dancing:

:| I have to go to a stupid store meeting tomorrow night for job #2. The winner for the Next Food Network Star is going to be announced tomorrow night. :mad: :sad: I'll have to remember to tape it. :madspit:

Kariann said:
My parents are driving me to the brink of insanity.

:hug:

Listen to this story...

Last Friday (Good Friday) I was preparing dinner when my 81 year old father phoned me. He called to let me know that he wasn't going to make it for dinner because he had received a call from the hospital and that they had a bed for him and he was going....WHOA, I say. Now, previous to this my Dad has had 2 incidents where he had passed out and the Doctors had not been able to figure out why. He has had numerous tests but still nothing to really pin point what had gone on. So my Dad says that the hospital needs to do a test that can only be done from the hospital and he needs to be in overnight ~ so he goes. We go see him on Saturday - no test done, we go on Sunday and Monday and still no test. I tell my Dad that I because I am working on Tuesday/Wednesday nights and have appointments that I can't change that I probably wont be able to get over to see him or phone because I'll be sleeping but I tell him 'PHONE IF ANYTHING IMPORTANT HAPPENS'

Well....it turns out they do a test and decide that my Dad should get a pacemaker, so he gets one and doesn't tell me until he phones to tell me that he needs a ride home from the hospital just as I'm heading out the door to drive for a school field trip :banghead: Luckily my brother was able to go and get him.

Sorry about the journal size post but I needed to vent

~feeling better~

:)

On the positive side my Dad is feeling great and is in good spirits :up:

once again I have a million things I need to do/want to do today. I don't know where to begin :scream: I HATE Sundays! :mad: There's too much to do and not enough time to do it. Plus I have to be at a stupid meeting at 6:30 for a job I'm barely going to be at this summer. :angry:

But....it's beautifuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullll out!!!!!!!!! So the lake comes first. Anything else will have to wait. :heart:

fah said:

Listen to this story...

Last Friday (Good Friday) I was preparing dinner when my 81 year old father phoned me. He called to let me know that he wasn't going to make it for dinner because he had received a call from the hospital and that they had a bed for him and he was going....WHOA, I say. Now, previous to this my Dad has had 2 incidents where he had passed out and the Doctors had not been able to figure out why. He has had numerous tests but still nothing to really pin point what had gone on. So my Dad says that the hospital needs to do a test that can only be done from the hospital and he needs to be in overnight ~ so he goes. We go see him on Saturday - no test done, we go on Sunday and Monday and still no test. I tell my Dad that I because I am working on Tuesday/Wednesday nights and have appointments that I can't change that I probably wont be able to get over to see him or phone because I'll be sleeping but I tell him 'PHONE IF ANYTHING IMPORTANT HAPPENS'

Well....it turns out they do a test and decide that my Dad should get a pacemaker, so he gets one and doesn't tell me until he phones to tell me that he needs a ride home from the hospital just as I'm heading out the door to drive for a school field trip :banghead: Luckily my brother was able to go and get him.

~feeling better~

:crazy: :ohmy: He didn't tell you he had an operation until after? :huh:

fah said:

Listen to this story...

~feeling better~

You just vent away :hug: Glad he is feeling great and doing well.

Last edited:
fah said:

Listen to this story...

~feeling better~

:ohmy:

Glad to hear that he is feeling better.

the meeting I had to go to tonight was the biggest waste of time. I got paid for 2 hours but they can keep it. It completely got in my way of doing some of the things I wanted to do on my only day off for the next 6 days. Plus it turns into the J & P show. Two annoying know it all employees who know everything about everything and have a comment, suggestion, or need clarification after every single topic that is discussed. :scream:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom