I would have randooooomed with you til the end - Page 10 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2006, 07:53 PM   #136
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
Local Time: 12:02 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by shari schultz
thunder in the distance

I love it when it rains in the springtime and there is a mild thunderstorm....I love to lay in bed and listen to the rain.

I also love having the windows open and the fresh smelling breeze coming in the window.

Old 04-22-2006, 10:03 PM   #137
ONE
love, blood, life

Location: Searching for world peace an end to hunger and jeans that make my butt look extraordinary!
I was spending some quality time with my mom watching cooking shows and she told me that when she was in school she had to help clean up when a group of teachers were cooking soup for a parents meeting one of them went to the pantry to get what they thought was salt or sugar...she couldnt remember which one and accidently got detergent instead and put it in the soup. The soup started to foam and bubble all over the place!

I think I may go watch a movie now...I've been in movie mode this week

Old 04-22-2006, 10:54 PM   #138
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:02 AM
I did that once (well, not while cooking). Years ago, I volunteered at the zoo (sounds fun, but in reality it was just dirty and grimy). In the aviary, we were washing the bird food dishes - I put in some soap, turned away to do something else and accidently left the water running - came back and found soap mountain! .

I also found out I was allergic to fish scales. We used to feed the pelicans frozen fish and cut up other fish for the birds to eat. I used to come home with little red itchy bumps over my hands and arms from the fish scales .

random youtube fun:

Old 04-22-2006, 11:22 PM   #139
arw
Blue Crack Addict

I have to go to a stupid store meeting tomorrow night for job #2. The winner for the Next Food Network Star is going to be announced tomorrow night. I'll have to remember to tape it.
Old 04-23-2006, 01:07 AM   #140
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 09:02 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann
My parents are driving me to the brink of insanity.

Listen to this story...

Last Friday (Good Friday) I was preparing dinner when my 81 year old father phoned me. He called to let me know that he wasn't going to make it for dinner because he had received a call from the hospital and that they had a bed for him and he was going....WHOA, I say. Now, previous to this my Dad has had 2 incidents where he had passed out and the Doctors had not been able to figure out why. He has had numerous tests but still nothing to really pin point what had gone on. So my Dad says that the hospital needs to do a test that can only be done from the hospital and he needs to be in overnight ~ so he goes. We go see him on Saturday - no test done, we go on Sunday and Monday and still no test. I tell my Dad that I because I am working on Tuesday/Wednesday nights and have appointments that I can't change that I probably wont be able to get over to see him or phone because I'll be sleeping but I tell him 'PHONE IF ANYTHING IMPORTANT HAPPENS'

Well....it turns out they do a test and decide that my Dad should get a pacemaker, so he gets one and doesn't tell me until he phones to tell me that he needs a ride home from the hospital just as I'm heading out the door to drive for a school field trip Luckily my brother was able to go and get him.

Sorry about the journal size post but I needed to vent

~feeling better~

On the positive side my Dad is feeling great and is in good spirits
Old 04-23-2006, 10:53 AM   #141
Blue Crack Supplier

Location: 8 years and I still can't think of anything witty to put here
Local Time: 01:02 AM
I'm glad Dad fah is doing better .
Old 04-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #142
arw
Blue Crack Addict

once again I have a million things I need to do/want to do today. I don't know where to begin I HATE Sundays! There's too much to do and not enough time to do it. Plus I have to be at a stupid meeting at 6:30 for a job I'm barely going to be at this summer.

But....it's beautifuuuuuuuuuuuuuuullll out!!!!!!!!! So the lake comes first. Anything else will have to wait.
Old 04-23-2006, 12:22 PM   #143
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by fah

Listen to this story...

Last Friday (Good Friday) I was preparing dinner when my 81 year old father phoned me. He called to let me know that he wasn't going to make it for dinner because he had received a call from the hospital and that they had a bed for him and he was going....WHOA, I say. Now, previous to this my Dad has had 2 incidents where he had passed out and the Doctors had not been able to figure out why. He has had numerous tests but still nothing to really pin point what had gone on. So my Dad says that the hospital needs to do a test that can only be done from the hospital and he needs to be in overnight ~ so he goes. We go see him on Saturday - no test done, we go on Sunday and Monday and still no test. I tell my Dad that I because I am working on Tuesday/Wednesday nights and have appointments that I can't change that I probably wont be able to get over to see him or phone because I'll be sleeping but I tell him 'PHONE IF ANYTHING IMPORTANT HAPPENS'

Well....it turns out they do a test and decide that my Dad should get a pacemaker, so he gets one and doesn't tell me until he phones to tell me that he needs a ride home from the hospital just as I'm heading out the door to drive for a school field trip Luckily my brother was able to go and get him.

~feeling better~

He didn't tell you he had an operation until after?
Old 04-23-2006, 02:33 PM   #144
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by fah

Listen to this story...

~feeling better~

You just vent away Glad he is feeling great and doing well.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:06 PM   #145
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by fah

Listen to this story...

~feeling better~

Glad to hear that he is feeling better.
Old 04-23-2006, 05:07 PM   #146
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797
I have to go to a stupid store meeting tomorrow night for job #2. The winner for the Next Food Network Star is going to be announced tomorrow night. I'll have to remember to tape it.
I'll be watching it!
Old 04-23-2006, 05:34 PM   #147
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Kariann

I'll be watching it!

I forgot to tape it. I'm doing laundry now and wasn't planning on going home before my stooooooopid meeting tonight.
Old 04-23-2006, 09:03 PM   #148
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by arw9797

I forgot to tape it. I'm doing laundry now and wasn't planning on going home before my stooooooopid meeting tonight.
It repeats at midnight my time so you could catch it then to watch or tape. I won't tell you who wins!

Go Guy!!!!
Old 04-23-2006, 09:58 PM   #149
arw
Blue Crack Addict

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guy won!!!!!!!!!!!!

I missed 3/4 of the show but at least I got to see the end.
Old 04-23-2006, 10:17 PM   #150
arw
Blue Crack Addict

the meeting I had to go to tonight was the biggest waste of time. I got paid for 2 hours but they can keep it. It completely got in my way of doing some of the things I wanted to do on my only day off for the next 6 days. Plus it turns into the J & P show. Two annoying know it all employees who know everything about everything and have a comment, suggestion, or need clarification after every single topic that is discussed.