I would buy this soundtrack.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Elvis Presley

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I dont remember the last soundtrack I thought looked good.,...

The Shins, Death Cab for Cutie, Broken Social Scene to Appear on Wicker Park Soundtrack
"Dude, that is exactly like the music *I* hear in Wicker Park!"

Jeremy C. Baron reports:
Whoa, didn't realize it was still 2003. I mean, it was cool to talk about indie hipsters embracing mainstream music and mainstream hipsters embracing indie music back in the oh-trizzle, but now I can't watch a goddamn episode of Pimp My Ride without being pummeled by a five-second clip of Franz Ferdinand or Modest Mouse immediately afterwards! Ahh, but I guess I better start getting used to it, 'cause it's only going to get worse. Case in point: the soundtrack for the upcoming movie Wicker Park, planned for an August 24th release.

Super-sexy Josh Hartnett stars in the flick, which will feature music from such indie rock sacred cows as Death Cab for Cutie, Broken Social Scene, The Shins, and Mogwai, some of whom have even contributed unreleased tracks to the album. If you're not sold yet, try this on for size-- there's a Postal Service cover of the Phil Collins classic "Against All Odds", which, ironically enough, was also prominently featured in a movie. Are you kidding me? You're not kidding me:

01 Stereophonics: "Maybe Tomorrow"
02 Lifehouse: "Everybody Is Somebody"
03 Death Cab for Cutie: "A Movie Script Ending (Acoustic)"
04 Snow Patrol: "How to Be Dead"
05 Broken Social Scene: "Lover's Spit"
06 The Stills: "Retour A Vega"
07 Mazzy Star: "Flowers in December "
08 The Legends: "When The Day Is Done"
09 The Shins: "When I Goosestep"
10 Jamie Wyatt: "Light Switch"
11 Mates of State: "These Days "
12 +/-: "All I Do"
13 Mum: "We Have a Map of the Piano"
14 Postal Service: "Against All Odds "
15 Aqualung: "Strange and Beautiful"
16 Mogwai: "I Know You Are But What Am I?"
17 Johnette Napolitano & Danny Lohner: "The Scientist"

So what's the movie about, anyway? Here's the word according to the official website: "Intricately moving back and forth in time and revealing the story from each character's perspective, Wicker Park is an intense psychological drama about a man (Josh Hartnett) caught in an obsessive search for a woman he fell deeply in love with-- a woman who then vanished without a trace. Two years after her disappearance, he catches a fleeting glimpse of her in a local bar and begins a twisting search to find her and discover what really happened." The movie will hit theaters on September 3rd. And, while it may not turn out to be a cinematic masterpiece, at least the music won't be terrible. Well, besides maybe the Collins cover.

Yeah, I read about this earlier this morning and thought the same thing!!!! :up:

I think #2 is the only thing I'll give a :down: to

Looks promising, including track 17 for me: Johnette Napolitano is the lead singer of Concrete Blonde. :up:

Here's another soundtrack I was highly impressed by for an upcoming movie:

The Garden State Soundtrack

1. Don't Panic - Coldplay
2. Caring Is Creepy - The Shins
3. In The Waiting Line - Zero 7
4. New Slang - The Shins
5. I Just Don't Think I'll Ever Get Over You - Colin Hay
6. Blue Eyes - Cary Brothers
7. Fair - Remy Zero
8. One Of These Things First - Nick Drake
9. Lebanese Blonde - Thievery Corporation
10. The Only Living Boy In New York - Simon & Garfunkel
11. Such Great Heights - Iron and Wine
12. Let Go - Frou Frou
13. Winding Road - Bonnie Somerville

And here is a comment I'd kiss this guy for saying (if I was into that like Cujo is....see my journal....) :

Writer/director/actor Zach Braff explains his indie-rock picks for the Garden State soundtrack in the new Spin:

"New Slang," the Shins
"That song was on Scrubs -- I heard it and was like, 'This is the greatest song ever.' I thought it was really romantic for her to pass these big headphones to him. It was like an umbilical cord, like she was plugging him into her world."
The film opens tonight in NY and LA.

Thievery Corporation! Frou Frou! Coldplay! The Shins! Simon and Garfunkel!

I already wanted to see this movie, and now I really do. I am a big fan of Mr. Braff. Nice to know he has great taste in music.

Looking forward to both movies for the soundtracks and regional flare...growing up in the Garden State...hanging out in Minneapolis bars with Josh Hartnett and living in somewhat close proximity to Wicker Park (two hours is "somewhat" close, right?)!

I think josh hartnett is squinty looking.

he better not make that movie suck.

at least the music will be good though.

Back
Top Bottom