I wonder if Jimmy Page could understand...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
I wonder if Jimmy Page could understand the hollow, sinking feeling I felt the first time I saw him in the video for 'Puff Daddy's(that's what he was calling himself that year) 'Come With Me(as well as when he preformed it with Puffy on SNL), smiling while happily taking part in the molestation of his own immortal riff, at the same time accepting responsibility for increasing the popularity and sales of that travishamockery of a hip-hop 'artist'.

Ditto for Sting performing 'I'll Be Missing You' with Puffy at the VMAs.

namkcuR said:
I wonder if Jimmy Page could understand the hollow, sinking feeling I felt the first time I saw him in the video for 'Puff Daddy's(that's what he was calling himself that year) 'Come With Me(as well as when he preformed it with Puffy on SNL), smiling while happily taking part in the molestation of his own immortal riff, at the same time accepting responsibility for increasing the popularity and sales of that travishamockery of a hip-hop 'artist'.

I don't think most artists take fans into account on collaborations. :( I remember the Andy and Stewart were pissed with Sting but I wonder what the rest of Led Zeppelin thought of Jimmy?

Dudes, when it comes right down to it, musical artists tend to stick together--and appreciate each other--more than the fans do!

Shared experiences, brotherhood and all that jazz...:wink:

namkcuR said:

Maybe he was just enjoying himself. You probably shouldn't take it so personally.

namkcuR said:

YA CANT SPELL CRAP WITHOUT RAP
LOLOOLOLZ

Re: Re: I wonder if Jimmy Page could understand...

AtomicBono said:

YA CANT SPELL CRAP WITHOUT RAP
LOLOOLOLZ

:down: Rap's awesome man.

But I do agree though nacmkur. How about the RHCP choosing some crap called Homo superstar or something as there support act?

Re: Re: Re: I wonder if Jimmy Page could understand...

COBL_04 said:

:down: Rap's awesome man.

I was being sarcastic :wink:

Page certainly could have picked a much better rapper to work with, but who cares? I don't listen to it. It doesn't change how I feel about Zep's music. I didn't really like U2 doing One with Mary J Blige either, but when I listen to One I don't think UGH THIS WAS A GREAT SONG TIL BLIGE HAD TO RUIN IT. I can understand being annoyed with it, but...it's not that big a deal really

Slipstream said:
The last time and possibly the only time I can think of where a rap/rock collaboration worked was Run DMC/Aerosmith.

It only resuscitated Aerosmith's career. :up:

namkcuR said:

The irony of the black artist borrowing from the white artist who borrowed from the black artist.......

Still, it's Page, so you need to respect it. Somehow.

After he played with Fred Durst on whatever that show was, my wife said, "Jesus, is there anyone he won't play with? We should have him over for a BBQ....you know he'd come." That struck me as funny.

Back
Top Bottom