I wish U2 would do this.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edgeman

Refugee
I recived this link from a friend, and all I had to say was...I wish U2 would do this for the next tour.

http://www.livemetallica.com/

They could even add some classic shows from past tours. I'd gladly pay for a high quality show with labels and covers.

Imagine that!

Last edited:
barenaked ladies are doing that this tour. you've got the option of ordering the shows, or halves of shows in cd form, or buying mp3s and downloading the concert.

kind of like the pearl jam official boot thing, no? and the string cheese incident (they did that too, didn't they?)

:eyebrow: Funny this comes from one of napster's biggest enemies. So it's okay to download as long as they get paid?

I preferred what Pearl Jam did when they released their live shows on CDs in music stores. (not discriminating to fans without internet access)

U2girl said:
So it's okay to download as long as they get paid?

yes of course, that way it's not equivalent to millions of people stealing their truck

Metallica a crap band? What, you didn't liked their new single or something so their crap? Master Of Puppets, Kill 'Em All, The Black Album are crap? I think not. Not at all.

It would be really cool if U2 did this for the next tour, I would definitely buy a few shows.

Oh and btw yes it is okay to download as long as they get paid. It's their music. Plus the recording of those songs is soundboard, perfect sounding not like a lot of bootlegs that have a horrible sound or missing parts.

I heard on the radio today that The Pixies are going to do a thing where before the concert you pay $20 and afterward you get a freshly-burned CD of the show you just saw. U2, take a clue, please!!!!!

More on the Pixies thing from RollingStone.com...

PIXIES COME ALIVE

The PIXIES released only four LPs during their seven-year run, but
the alt-rock favorites will pad the catalog by releasing fifteen
live albums from their upcoming North American reunion tour. The
tour kicks off on April 13th in Minneapolis, and 1,000 two-CD sets
will be sold after each concert, except for a May 1st Coachella
Festival appearance, where 2,000 will be available. Five-hundred
CDs spanning the tour will be sold through disclive.com. The discs
will be discontinued after they sell out.

the way barenaked ladies have it set up is that you can go to the site, pick the show you want, and a) order the mp3s and download them so you can burn your own cd, b) buy a 16 dollar (or mabye it's 14) half show, or c) a 20 dollar full show.

i don't trust computers enough to support purchased downloads.

Metallica a crap band? What, you didn't liked their new single or something so their crap? Master Of Puppets, Kill 'Em All, The Black Album are crap? I think not. Not at all.

don't mind him, he's a metal purist. :wink:

TheBrazilianFly said:

Relax, I'm aware of the greatness of those albums, but Reload and St. Anger?? Those albums completely suck and Metallica have lost all of their credibility in metal they haven't released a decent album in a decade. So they are a crap band in my book.

Back
Top Bottom