I wish I could improve my handwriting...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BrownEyedBoy

Rock n' Roll Doggie
I do. I am now a High School Senior and the notes I take are worthless as I can't read them back to myself. Anyone else have this problem? I also feel embarrassed about writing notes every now and then. I was looking for websites that helped you improve your handwriting but found nothing. You know whose handwriting just rocks because it's classy and cool? Anthony Kiedis'. His handwriting is what I am aiming for. I am disciplined so I suppose that I could improve in some time...

Anyone have any tips for me?

i used to have really great handwriting. looking back on some of my papers from school, and notes and things, my handwriting was pretty then...it even slanted at an angle like it should. then i started using a computer every day, for the last 10 years at work. now my handwriting is chicken scratch :huh:

Last edited:
Handwriting is my only talent. I got paid to address coworkers' wedding invitations last year because my cursive handwriting is so nice. :wink: I'm a perfectionist about it usually. My printing isn't bad at all, nothing special, but completely legible. I had a book on calligraphy alphabets and adapted my cursive from that.

Just try to remember to write neatly every time you aren't in a hurry (probably not note-taking at first since if you're concentrating on your writing, you'll probably have trouble remembering what you're supposed to be taking notes on!). If you write slowly on things that aren't rushed (like writing a note/letter to someone, filling out a form, etc.), eventually it'll become habit and your notes will be more legible. Also, if you're bored or waiting for something, you can practice righting random things (just write the alphabet over and over, in capital letters and lowercase) so it becomes habit more quickly.

when I have to make minutes I better get them done within 3 days after the meeting or I won't be able to make sense out of my own notes anymore :|

i can't read my own handwriting 7 minutes after i write it. last week i was writing down the songs i played on my radio show to keep track and by the time i went on air to read them off i couldn't tell what some of the titles were...

"and the show started off with starsailor...music...something...saved. something saved music? i don't know, i can't read my handwriting. something about music being saved or someone saving music"

:reject:

I used to have such pretty handwriting but then when I got into my junior year of high school they let us print. Now I print and when I try to write in handwriting it looks like a 2nd grader's LOL :shrug:

Now my Fiance's..... :tsk: I can't understand a feckin word LOL

I think my handwriting is okay
But when I am in a lecture and take notes I have to copy them up as soon as it is over or else what has been said in the lecture is not fresh in my head and I cant rememebr what I have written (even 30 mins after I have taken the rough notes down I cant understand them :reject: )

i forgot to mention that i can't write at all in cursive in english anymore. i learned in 3rd or grade, but never used it afterwards, and then in 9th grade i started taking russian, so now when i try to write in cursive, i'm thinking connected letters, which results in some wierd half cyrillic looking word that makes very little sense. i can sign my name, and it almost looks like my name, but that's about it.

oh and for anyone who i sent a cd to in the B&C exchange, if you thought that i might have somewhat legible writing from when i wrote the address on the package, if you'd only seen how much effort went into that.

:reject:

My tips:

Used lined paper for writing down notes

Use a steno note pad (the type that the paper flips over the top).

Learn some abbreviations for words/phrase you use all the time and use them...for example - 'thank you' becomes 'thk u'.

Find a pen that feels good in your hand and is easy to write with.

Get in the habit of writing the date, time and where you are at the beginning of your notes.

Practise...watch tv or listen to the radio and try to write down what is being said.

what i do is i try to find a handwriting style that i like and model mine after theirs. i've done it several times over the years and my handwriting has improved greatly.

now i get told that i have cool handwriting and my cursive is sooo pretty. i'm like :cute:

Handwriting used to be an important part of schooling, I had a special pen just for practicing it in fifth grade (mind you this was in the early seventies). Now it seems more logical to teach typing.

:ohmy:

Back
Top Bottom