I will admit that I cried my eyes out in these movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LikeNoOneBefore

Refugee
Finding Neverland
Rent
The Fox and the Hound
The Rescuers
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
Bruce Almighty (right before he gets hit by the truck)
The Lion King
Bambi

...probably forgetting some.

Sidenote: Some of these were when I was much younger. :shifty:

What about you?

Finding Neverland made me cry, a lot, and I totally did not expect it. Waterworks for me.

Like a lot of guys, Field of Dreams = bawling for me, but it's doubly strong for me because my Dad lost his Dad at a young age, and baseball was their main link...and my Dad would do anything to have a catch with his Dad, just one more time. FYI, I'm tearing up now. No joke.

The end of Shawshank makes me cry tears of joy.

The Natural makes me cry a little, again, tears of joy, when Roy Hobbs hits the HR at the end of the film. Music adds to the vibe there.

Schindlers List makes me cry. A lot.

Chariots of Fire makes me cry towards the end...again, the score contributes....and, again, tears of joy.

Forrest Gump, at the end.

That's enough, I think, for one post!!! :)

It's a Wonderful Life

"No man is a failure who has friends."

Seriously, I can watch just the last 10 minutes of that flick and get all weepy.

Secret: I cry in almost all Disney movies.

Mostly because I am in mourning of my own childhood. :sad:

I cry during a lot of movies though.

I had seen "Stepmom" in a theater out of town a few years back (when it was released), and my friends and I start bawling our eyes out and our noses were running. And of course, no tissues, napkins, paper. Nothin' :sad:

I cried with Titanic but because I was like: 'oh my... that was a really bad film :|'

I cry in Titanic when the mini orchestra on the deck is playing "Nearer My God To Thee" and they show the old couple embracing in the bed as they wait to die, and the mother telling their kids a bedtime story as they wait to die.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

1. Field of Dreams - The ONLY film in the world that absolutely gaurantees balls-to-the-walls sobbing every time I see it. Also one of my all-time favs.

All the rest of these at least made me cry once or twice, but not necessarily every time I see them:

2. Finding Neverland

3. Awakenings (damn good flick)

4. Lady in the Water (believe it or not. When Giamatti's character is holding Story, and begging his dead family for forgiveness...i got pretty teary.)

5. The one episode of Nip/Tuck where Christian has to give up Wilber. Man..I cried like a baby.

Field of Dreams. It gets me every time. (My pops passed a long time ago and it just gets to me when i see it)

And I simply cannot NOT watch it because it is one of my all-time favorite movies.

I cried in

Finding Neverland I cry everytime I see this movie..it never fails
Big Fish
Legends of the Fall (MY FAVORITE MOVIE!!!)
Forrest Gump
Eight Below
The Family Stone
The Other Sister
Stand by Me
...Man, I cry in a lot of movies...:huh:

I cry too much when I watch movies. These made me hysterical:

Titanic
Lion King
In America
My Life
The Lord of the Rings
The Secret Garden

Lion King (my favorite movie of all-time)
Fox and the Hound
Bambi
Field of Dreams
It's a Wonderful Life (the end "the richest man in town" bit gets me)
My Dog Skip probably made me cry
that episode of Scrubs from season 1 where all 3 of their patients die...man :sad:

Schindler's List
Eight Below
Shawshank Redemption
Return of the King
Return of the Jedi (first 10 times, circa 1983)
Pay It Forward
Chicago Vertigo Tour (COBL confetti)
U2 Slane Castle (vocal solo between AIWIY and Streets)

The Poseidon Adventure...when Shelley Winters' character (Mrs. Rosen) dies. Guaranteed to make me cry.

Bono's Betty said:

• SPOILERS

There's no need to be a :reject: . Everyone (guys and girls I went with to watch it) all bawled when they saw it. Either when he's saying goodbye to his dad or when he was dying on the street telling his ex he'd love her forever and ever. :sad:

Originally posted by coriandersem
I cry in Titanic when the mini orchestra on the deck is playing "Nearer My God To Thee" and they show the old couple embracing in the bed as they wait to die, and the mother telling their kids a bedtime story as they wait to die.

Oh man, do I ever sob at that scene. The old people get to me, they really do. When the gush of water comes and they are crying in each other's arms... :sad:

Last edited:
PlaTheGreat said:

• SPOILERS

There's no need to be a :reject: . Everyone (guys and girls I went with to watch it) all bawled when they saw it. Either when he's saying goodbye to his dad or when he was dying on the street telling his ex he'd love her forever and ever. :sad:

It was really sad because his father looked alot like my grandfather.

Definitely choked up me and my dad.

Back
Top Bottom