I will admit that I cried my eyes out in these movies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
JCOSTER said:
All Dogs Go to Heaven...:reject:

Awwww I still cry whenever I watch that movie :hug:

Philadelphia
Beaches
Message In A Bottle
We Are Marshal
Fox and The Hound
Click
World Trade Center
You,Me and Dupree (The end always get's me)
Casper
Crash

Know there are so many more :reject:

Crying while watching a film is not something I often do.
But I have to admit that Philadelphia and Neil Young's song at the end made me cry. And also E.T when I was a little girl. And Midnight Express. And more recently, Mystic River totally shattered me.

The Way We Were ...... when Hubbell Gardner (Robert Redford) and Katie Morosky (Barbra Streisand) ended their relationship.

A Star Is Born ...... when John Norman-Howard (Kris Kristofferson) died.

The Poseidon Adventure ...... when Rev. Scott (Gene Hackman) died.

The Towering Inferno ...... when Lisolette Mueller (Jennifer Jones) died from falling out of the scenic elevator.
Also when Dan Bigelow (Robert Wagner) died in his office lobby.
And when the Mayor (Jack Collins) and the Senator (Robert Vaughn) were killed at different times from falling out of the Penthouse windows.

:sad::sad::sad::sad:

I Am Sam :sad:

And MsMofoGone - when I was younger - I loved 'A Star Is Born' (for some strange reason). I cried when Kris K. died too. Then again, anyone dying in a movie usually does it for me.

break out the tissue box for Message In A Bottle BB12 :hug:

Last edited:
Forgot United 93. That was a weird one, because of course I knew how it was going to end, so I was all weepy for probably more than half of it. But it was mixed with rage at those bastard terrorists, and the emotional mix was very strange.

Three words:

TERMS OF ENDEARMENT

The men in my family have been conditioned not to cry (I know, it's sad.), so I don't really cry at movies, I get teary-eyed, but never really full-on cry/sob, UNLESS it's "Terms of Endearment"!

My God! The scene where Debra Winger tells her son not to be mad at himself when he grows up because he didn't say, "Goodbye," when he had the chance. Ok, I'm getting tears just typing this!!! That scene just rips my heart apart!

I also did get sniffly during "United 93" when all the passengers were on the phone telling their loved ones how much they loved them. That was horrifically sad!

And, of course, "E.T.". I mean, come on. Even us conditioned not to cry wept at that one! :wink:

RedrocksU2 said:
I cried when I saw "E.T."

Did you when ET is supposed to be dead but suddenly wakes up and Elliot is so hyper that he hurts his head on the ceiling or sumefin?

Or was it when ET is leaving the earth?

:sad:

:D

Incredible Journey-Homeward Bound

When Chance and Sassy show up at the farm, but everyone thinks Shadow didn't make it through the mountains, having fallen in a pit....

....until he finally comes running over the hill and into the little boy's arms! That moment right there?
Utter hysteria. Joyous, but funny, too, because you're a grown man crying at something so damned silly.

And I'm not talking about weeping here. I bawled, Lucy like, for several minutes. I'll never watch it with anyone again.

Hewson said:
Game 6 of the 1986 World Series

Yep, big time.

And Game 7 of the 2003 ALCS.

But tears of joy in 2004, ALCS & World Series :)

I'm just a bit cry baby. I cry at so many things.

ET
Bambi
Schindlers List
Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Forrest Gump
My Girl
Stand By Me
Ghost
Incredible Journey-Homeward Bound
Top Gun
Edward Scissorhands
Stepmom
Pay It Forward
Titanic
Originally posted by corianderstem
I cry in Titanic when the mini orchestra on the deck is playing "Nearer My God To Thee" and they show the old couple embracing in the bed as they wait to die, and the mother telling their kids a bedtime story as they wait to die.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!

:sad: That gets me too.

Liesje said:

Love Actually (when Emma Thompson gets the box and it's the CD, not the gold necklace)

This always upsets me and my friend. :(

Thats all i can remember right now.

I'm a really emotional person. :reject:

Oh lord, get ready....:wink: :sad:

The Passion of the Christ
Crash
The Interpreter
21 Grams
Mystic River
I Am Sam
Forrest Gump
Life Is Beautiful
Stepmom
The Notebook
A Walk To Remember
Titanic
Steel Magnolias
One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest
Jerry Maguire
Pay It Forward
Rain Man
St. Elmo's Fire
Far And Away
Spanglish (I never thought I'd see the day when an Adam Sandler movie would make me cry!:ohmy: )

and there's many more. I'll spare you.

Titanic
Forrest Gump
Brokeback Mountain
Beaches
The Land Before Time (I cry everytime I see it)
Stepmon
The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants (yeah, yeah, I know)

I've never seen The Notebook but I read the book and sobbed. My friend warned me not to read it in public and I didn't listen. I was at the pool crying behind my sunglasses. I should have listened! :scream:

Originally posted by Lila64
And MsMofoGone - when I was younger - I loved 'A Star Is Born' (for some strange reason). I cried when Kris K. died too.

Glad to hear I wasn't the only one who remembers this movie ... and cried !! :up:
I also cried at the very end of this movie when (Barbra Streisand)his wife was 'announced' on stage as Esther Hoffman ... Howard.
I thought it was GREAT that she finally started using his last name after John Norman (Kris Kristofferson) died.
It seemed like she was giving a 'memorial' to him ... as she wanted everyone to 'remember him' and 'his music'.
I loved when she sang "With One More Look At You / Watch Closely Now" ... those were both songs that John Norman wrote.
I still cry when I watch this movie (even now) ... it's really one of Barbra Streisand's BEST movies ever !! :bow:

any movie remotely sad makes me cry. I'm a baby.

In America-was probably the most painful cry that lasted most of the movie. What a powerful film :sad:

Back
Top Bottom