I went to Boston.........

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

verte76

Blue Crack Addict
I got back from Boston last night. I had a great time. I went to Plymouth as well. I took a trolley tour around town. I went to a really nice Italian restaurant. I went to the Museum of Fine Arts and saw van Gogh, Valesquez, Cassat, Monet, amazing museum!

I love Boston. I was there just a few weeks ago myself! We watched a Red Sox game, took a tour of Fenway, went the wrong way on the T a few times, and had dinner in the North End. Glad you had a great time; it's hard not to there. :D

That's cool. I'm going to Boston in a few weeks to see the Florida State-Boston College game. I've always wanted to go there, are there any places you suggest that are must sees?

LemonMacPhisto said:
That's cool. I'm going to Boston in a few weeks to see the Florida State-Boston College game. I've always wanted to go there, are there any places you suggest that are must sees?

:eyebrow: That's the only reason you're going? Dude, watch it on TV. :p

I've been to Boston though, and it's a great city. I second Fanueil Hall.

must sees - I think verte or someone else started a thread a month or two ago and a lot of us gave advice there.

I went to Boston too - home for a week! :wink: But I have to leave monday morning :( and I didn't make it to the MFA exhibits cause I'm lazy and was busy at the Sox games.

Schmeg, sorry about the crazy inbound-outbound stuff. It actually kinda makes sense if you know the city, but it's awful if you don't.

Varitek said:
Schmeg, sorry about the crazy inbound-outbound stuff. It actually kinda makes sense if you know the city, but it's awful if you don't.

It was all part of the fun. I've been going to Boston and riding the T since I was a little kid and I was always pretty good at it before!

LemonMelon said:

I've been to Boston though, and it's a great city. I second Fanueil Hall.

We're going to tour Boston Friday and see the game on Saturday, smartass. :wink:

Ugh. hehe, Fanueil Hall isn't where the locals go...it's like asking a New Yorker to go to the Empire State Building. Though I went there once in high school and made fun of tourists. We were really bored that afternoon I guess.

In place of Fanueil Hall, I recommend the North End for food, the MFA and Isabella Stewart Gardner Museums for touring, or the Freedom Trail, or the churches and huge library in Copley Square. And Downtown Crossing for shopping instead of Fanueil Hall. Also, the Science Museum has a cool CSI exhibit right now (according to two friends of mine from school who were tourists this week) and the Aquarium is pretty amazing. If it's still unseasonably warm, take a stroll in one of the city's urban parks, called the Emrald Neclace - I recommend the Arnold Arboretum (renting bikes could also be fun for there) or Forrest Hills Cemetary. And the Sam Adam's factory does tours if you're interested.

zuropa_fit said:
Going to Boston next summer before the tear the ball park down.

Boston or New York City? Fenway is staying where it is, but Yankee Stadium is coming down.

Schmeg said:

Boston or New York City? Fenway is staying where it is, but Yankee Stadium is coming down.

My bad. We're planning on both. As you can tell, I am not the baseball fan in the family. I'm just going along for the ride.

But I loved Boston when I was there in college - any excuse to go back.

zuropa_fit said:

My bad. We're planning on both. As you can tell, I am not the baseball fan in the family. I'm just going along for the ride.

But I loved Boston when I was there in college - any excuse to go back.

That's okay; any good baseball fan would know NOT to confuse those parks, but you are excused! :wink:

I hear you on any excuse to go back.

I went to my first year of college in Boston. Is the Charles Playhouse still there?

LemonMelon said:

There is NO greater ballpark in baseball. It is like visiting a cathedral...and seeing a game there is like going to Mass at the Cathedral.

I say, if this was the only reason you were going to Boston...you are doing Boston right!

Fanueil Hall is not worth more than ten minutes of your time! I agree with the North End, though.

I always enjoy going to Harvard Square. And if you are a music fan with some cash, stop by a Newbury Comics. I have shopped there on just about every trip to New England since 1990. :D

I absolutely loved touring the city today. I'm going to see the BC/FSU game tomorrow, hopefully Hurricane Noel Gallagher won't mess things up too badly.

Fanueil Hall (sp?) was almost worth it by itself.

Back
Top Bottom