I went for a walk last night and saw...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JimmyChicken

Acrobat
I went for a walk last night and saw kangaroos, and possums, and horsies and pluthers and thistles...
But no chickens or dinosaurs. It was very disappointing.

Today I saw swans, geese, cats, dogs, pigeons, sheep, herons, oystercatchers, two sparrowhawks, peewits and even a harrier (not the plane).

I love spring!!!!!

ooohhhhh, let's see, I saw lots of quail, bunny rabbits, both cottontails and jacks, doves, coyotes, roadrunners.

Still no snakes or tortoises. Soon tho
biggrin.gif

I just saw a bunch of bunnies.

Isn't it the month of May when the snakes come out? Gotta watch for those little buggers here in the desert.

Originally posted by jezebel:
ooohhhhh, let's see, I saw lots of quail, bunny rabbits, both cottontails and jacks, doves, coyotes, roadrunners.

Still no snakes or tortoises. Soon tho
biggrin.gif

oooh, I LOVE roadrunners! I saw one out here actually in town, on a quiet street, and as God is my witness, it walked down the sidewalk, stopped at the intersection, waited for traffic, and when it was clear it crossed the street on the pedestrian crosswalk right in front of me. My jaw was somewhere down around my lap.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 03-29-2002).]

Dogs, cats, rabbits, squirrels (tree rats), construction workers and a lot of birds (I love cardinals). It's Spring in this city!

[This message has been edited by zonelistener (edited 03-29-2002).]

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
I just saw a bunch of bunnies.

Isn't it the month of May when the snakes come out? Gotta watch for those little buggers here in the desert.

It depends which desert, joyfulgirl. Usually we have a warm spell here in the Mojave in March, so the reptiles come out then. But it hasn't really warmed up much yet. Where you are it might not be till May....watch where you put your hands and feet
eek.gif

Oystercatchers!?

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 04-02-2002).]

Originally posted by jezebel:
It depends which desert, joyfulgirl. Usually we have a warm spell here in the Mojave in March, so the reptiles come out then. But it hasn't really warmed up much yet. Where you are it might not be till May....watch where you put your hands and feet
eek.gif

Well, now...that does make more sense, although I do enjoy the image of a snake checking its calendar and going, "c'mon guys, it's May--lets get outta here!"

On my daily walk, I spied a drug deal going on down by the crackhouse, some roadkill, 2 dogs humping, some whores on the street corner (they ran when they recognized me), plenty of litter blowing around the street, underage drinking, pollution, bums passed out behind the bar, and some kids jacking a stereo.

Originally posted by z edge:
On my daily walk, I spied a drug deal going on down by the crackhouse, some roadkill, 2 dogs humping, some whores on the street corner (they ran when they recognized me), plenty of litter blowing around the street, underage drinking, pollution, bums passed out behind the bar, and some kids jacking a stereo.

Stop it! You're making me homesick for my ol' neighborhood in NYC.

Back
Top Bottom