I want to tear down the walls and DESCRIBE - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 01-06-2006, 11:36 PM   #481
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 01:20 PM
circa
^^^^good, cool

Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR




I'm sorry. I just think the Stones are one of the most overrated bands of all time. Their original success in the 60s was mainly due to the fact that they were the anti-Beatles. They were bad boys and the Beatles were good boys.

In my book, the Stones should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be put above the Beatles on any list. Lennon, McCartney, and Harrison all had more talent in their little fingers/toes than Mick Jagger ever had, as far as I'm concerned.

All my opinion, of course.
i agree with this
__________________

__________________
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:37 PM   #482
Refugee
 
LikeNoOneBefore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Scranton, PA
Posts: 1,941
Local Time: 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
Darkness on the Edge of Town...

of recent bands, like the '90s and '00s, I'd have to say

1) Smashing Pumpkins
2) Seal
3) Franz Ferdinand
4) The Arcade Fire
5) Death Cab for Cutie
6) Interpol
7) Oasis
8) Red Hot Chili Peppers
9) Radiohead
10) The Killers
#5 = awesome!
__________________

__________________
LikeNoOneBefore is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #483
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
circa1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: On Bono's Back
Posts: 8,819
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by sami0201




ok, have you heard Bruce Springsteen?

In an above post I said I've heard of them all the bands, just not listened to them
__________________
circa1992 is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #484
Blue Crack Addict
 
redkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: racing to the waterside
Posts: 19,620
Local Time: 12:20 PM
Red Headed Woman
http://s30.you sendit.com/d.aspx?id=2DEHBLHXUZAKR1YMSA8ONWPSI1


my oven man is still here and I haven't showered since my work out

I'm gonna go
__________________
redkat is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #485
Blue Crack Addict
 
love_u2_adam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Basement..
Posts: 22,307
Local Time: 01:20 PM
^7ink floyed..lol
__________________
love_u2_adam is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #486
Blue Crack Addict
 
sami0201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: among the fields of gold...
Posts: 23,193
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
Darkness on the Edge of Town...

of recent bands, like the '90s and '00s, I'd have to say

1) Smashing Pumpkins
2) Seal
3) Franz Ferdinand
4) The Arcade Fire
5) Death Cab for Cutie
6) Interpol
7) Oasis
8) Red Hot Chili Peppers
9) Radiohead
10) The Killers



I agree with most artists on your list (even though some I've only heard a few songs), but I like the Killers better than Franz
and I'd put Snow Patrol on there
__________________
sami0201 is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #487
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 01:20 PM
<i don't know half those bands LMP
__________________
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:38 PM   #488
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by namkcuR




I'm sorry. I just think the Stones are one of the most overrated bands of all time. Their original success in the 60s was mainly due to the fact that they were the anti-Beatles. They were bad boys and the Beatles were good boys.

In my book, the Stones should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be put above the Beatles on any list. Lennon, McCartney, and Harrison all had more talent in their little fingers/toes than Mick Jagger ever had, as far as I'm concerned.

All my opinion, of course.
The Beatles and Stones flip flop alot with me, I enjoy the Stones' 70s work a hell of a lot and the 60s stuff...meh

With the Beatles they're extremely consistent but I kind of have to be in the mood to listen to the early Beatles stuff, and the more experimental stuff also.

Today the Stones are better for me, tomorrow the Beatles might be, ya know what I mean?
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:39 PM   #489
Blue Crack Addict
 
redkat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: racing to the waterside
Posts: 19,620
Local Time: 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge
<i don't know half those bands LMP
Tomorrow

you and me on msn adam

this is not ok!
__________________
redkat is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:39 PM   #490
Blue Crack Addict
 
sami0201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: among the fields of gold...
Posts: 23,193
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by circa1992



In an above post I said I've heard of them all the bands, just not listened to them
I meant have you actually heard his music if not, I'll give you a few of his biggest songs
__________________
sami0201 is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:39 PM   #491
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier
 
LMP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 37,609
Local Time: 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by the rockin edge
<i don't know half those bands LMP
I could upload a song or two if you want to hear them

< Thunder Road

bye kat
__________________
LMP is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:39 PM   #492
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB
 
circa1992's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: On Bono's Back
Posts: 8,819
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Bye RK
__________________
circa1992 is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:40 PM   #493
Blue Crack Addict
 
the rockin edge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: tomorrow's just an excuse away
Posts: 26,816
Local Time: 01:20 PM
bye Kat

the chick singing fields of gold is good
__________________
the rockin edge is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:41 PM   #494
Blue Crack Addict
 
love_u2_adam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Heaven In Alberta, Where We Got All Hell For A Basement..
Posts: 22,307
Local Time: 01:20 PM
my friend say interpol is depressing! but they so rock
__________________
love_u2_adam is offline  
Old 01-06-2006, 11:41 PM   #495
Blue Crack Addict
 
sami0201's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: among the fields of gold...
Posts: 23,193
Local Time: 03:20 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto


The Beatles and Stones flip flop alot with me, I enjoy the Stones' 70s work a hell of a lot and the 60s stuff...meh

With the Beatles they're extremely consistent but I kind of have to be in the mood to listen to the early Beatles stuff, and the more experimental stuff also.

Today the Stones are better for me, tomorrow the Beatles might be, ya know what I mean?
I personally agree with you...

but if we are going legendarily (I think I just made up a word ) I'd have to put the Beatles ahead of the Stones...just 'cause...they're the Beatles!


bye Kat! thanks again for the songs



<has started the Billy Joel
__________________

__________________
sami0201 is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com