I want to tear down the walls and DESCRIBE

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
circa
^^^^good, cool :up:

namkcuR said:

:tsk:

I'm sorry. I just think the Stones are one of the most overrated bands of all time. Their original success in the 60s was mainly due to the fact that they were the anti-Beatles. They were bad boys and the Beatles were good boys.

In my book, the Stones should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be put above the Beatles on any list. Lennon, McCartney, and Harrison all had more talent in their little fingers/toes than Mick Jagger ever had, as far as I'm concerned.

All my opinion, of course.

i agree with this :up:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Darkness on the Edge of Town...:drool:

of recent bands, like the '90s and '00s, I'd have to say

1) Smashing Pumpkins
2) Seal
3) Franz Ferdinand
4) The Arcade Fire
5) Death Cab for Cutie
6) Interpol
7) Oasis
8) Red Hot Chili Peppers
9) Radiohead
10) The Killers

#5 = awesome! :heart:

LemonMacPhisto said:
Darkness on the Edge of Town...:drool:

of recent bands, like the '90s and '00s, I'd have to say

1) Smashing Pumpkins
2) Seal
3) Franz Ferdinand
4) The Arcade Fire
5) Death Cab for Cutie
6) Interpol
7) Oasis
8) Red Hot Chili Peppers
9) Radiohead
10) The Killers

:drool:

I agree with most artists on your list (even though some I've only heard a few songs), but I like the Killers better than Franz :reject:
and I'd put Snow Patrol on there :drool:

namkcuR said:

:tsk:

I'm sorry. I just think the Stones are one of the most overrated bands of all time. Their original success in the 60s was mainly due to the fact that they were the anti-Beatles. They were bad boys and the Beatles were good boys.

In my book, the Stones should never, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever be put above the Beatles on any list. Lennon, McCartney, and Harrison all had more talent in their little fingers/toes than Mick Jagger ever had, as far as I'm concerned.

All my opinion, of course.

The Beatles and Stones flip flop alot with me, I enjoy the Stones' 70s work a hell of a lot and the 60s stuff...meh :|

With the Beatles they're extremely consistent but I kind of have to be in the mood to listen to the early Beatles stuff, and the more experimental stuff also.

Today the Stones are better for me, tomorrow the Beatles might be, ya know what I mean? :shrug:

LemonMacPhisto said:

The Beatles and Stones flip flop alot with me, I enjoy the Stones' 70s work a hell of a lot and the 60s stuff...meh :|

With the Beatles they're extremely consistent but I kind of have to be in the mood to listen to the early Beatles stuff, and the more experimental stuff also.

Today the Stones are better for me, tomorrow the Beatles might be, ya know what I mean? :shrug:

I personally agree with you...

but if we are going legendarily (I think I just made up a word :lmao: ) I'd have to put the Beatles ahead of the Stones...just 'cause...they're the Beatles! :lol: :wink:

bye Kat! :hug: thanks again for the songs :up:

<has started the Billy Joel :nerd: :drool:

Wait, I just realized namkcuR listed the 3 Beatles as the best

but what about Ringo?

where's some Octopus's Garden love? :love::wink:

sami0201 said:

I personally agree with you...

but if we are going legendarily (I think I just made up a word :lmao: ) I'd have to put the Beatles ahead of the Stones...just 'cause...they're the Beatles! :lol: :wink:

<has started the Billy Joel :nerd: :drool:

Billy Joel :drool::love::rockon:

oh, of course The Beatles are more legendary then The Stones, but Undercover (Of the Night) makes me want to dance badly, as opposed to Lady Madonna :wink:

Back
Top Bottom