I want to buy a new CD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
I have $20
I want new music

Now... I have come up with some CD's I could buy... but maybe you have better suggestions...

So far-

Parachutes - Coldplay (I gave my copy to a friend :eek: , thinking I would buy it again real soon... I highly miss this album)

Immaculate Collection II - Madonna (need I say more?)

Asleep in the Back - Elbow (I have wanted it for awhile, but was always priced too high... now I wonder if it's too melancholic)

You know, that's pretty much all I have come up with. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I think I need more upbeat or even loud music this time round. I have waaaay too much sad, soft and ambient type stuff.
I have been rediscovering my Smashing Pumpkins collection as of late.

you can't go wrong with the coldplay cd.

i also recommend beck- sea change

For more upbeat stuff, I recommend:

The Streets -- Original Pirate Material (Brummie accents.... :drool: kind of UK garage, hip hop, jungle, and several other things all thrown into one)
Idlewild -- The Remote Part (not really upbeat necessarily, but more rock than Coldplay, and GORGEOUS lyrics)
Electric Soft Parade -- Holes In the Wall (Britpop)
Jack Johnson -- Brushfire Fairytales (guitar stuff, but upbeat)

U2ME3 said:

i also recommend beck- sea change

Is it good? Well, obviously if you are recommending it. What if I told you I don't own a single Beck CD, but like him... would you still recommend it?
As for Coldplay, that's a given, plus it's a given I will buy it again shortly... so I may refrain this time round.

Thx for your recommendations meegannie, I will have to download some tunes to check them out. They may be a bit hard to find here in the music store. :der:

i really like it but it is a sad cd. you can actually hear this man's heart break.

From MSN review-

"Some prefer Beck the Showman. Others, like me, love when he hangs up his silly suits, puts his disco ball away and gets real. On Sea Change, Beck delivers his most achingly personal record to date. It's his Blood on the Tracks chronicling his bitter breakup with his finance. Gone is the obtuse wordplay, with Beck instead offering thoughts like "It's only lies that I'm living/It's only tears that I'm crying/It's only you that I'm losing/Guess I'm doing fine." Doesn't get more real than that. "

i also like wilco-- yankee hotel foxtrot

They prolly won't have it in many stores, but if you do see Tales of the Inexpressable by Shpongle, it is quite worth it. It's kinda... different... not guitars or vocals or whatnot. well to tell you the truth, it's electronica/worldbeat/new age/psytrance so most people won't like it. but it's incredibly well made, well done, uplifting while being relaxing, funny while being beautiful, strange and haunting. check out www.shpongle.com

The Vines "Highly Evolved" is a fantastic rock record, just all over the place from Beatles to The Ramones to Nirvana, really well made, just incredible.

Norah Jones' "Come Away With Me" is stunning, very mellow and sexy and cool.

The White Stripes "White Blood Cells" is really good as well, I just bought it though so haven't really gotten a total feel for it. Same with John Mayer's "Room for Sqaures," haven't had the chance to take it all in but really like what I've heard so far.

Madonna's "Immaculate Collection" is a total must have. Her GHV2 is also really great, especially because it includes "Beautiful Stranger." If you don't already have it, "Ray of Light" is amazing!!

Tori Amos' "Scarlet's Walk"

Crowded House's greatest hits "Recurring Dream"

Thx guys. I'll have to check out some of these artists. (Oooh U2 on the radio right now...)

I have the Norah Jone's, Crowded House and Madonna records mentioned. I thought her Greatest hits vol2 was called Immaculate Collection II. I dunno. I want it, but how much will I listen to it?
The Vines... probably not. Not much into the punk rock revival.
sKeeK your recommendation sounds cool, but I have so much ambientish music. I need fun upbeat grooves!
And HipHop- I will laugh at your sarcasm. $20 is a lot for me.

Angel said:

And HipHop- I will laugh at your sarcasm. $20 is a lot for me.

Angel, this was serious. If everyone was as purehearted and innocent like you, those damn traders wouldn?t have a chance.

Btw, you should try to sell the part of your message that I quoted as the ultimate spot.

I HAVE $20. I WANT NEW MUSIC.

Its a simple message. 24/7 all cable channels. Sell it. Make some money. And, more important: save the industry (now this was meant sarcastic).

Angel said:
I thought her Greatest hits vol2 was called Immaculate Collection II. I dunno. I want it, but how much will I listen to it?
The Vines... probably not. Not much into the punk rock revival.

I was so hyped for The Vines because you need to have a really great pogoing/moshing record to throw on from time to time, but they have some really amazing sweet, slow songs and funky songs and everything else.
Anyway, enough of selling The Vines.

The latest Madonna collection is called GHV2 (Greatest Hits Vol. 2). I completely adore Madonna, have all her albums, and have listened to this compilation quite a bit because I think it's cool to have Ray of Light, Erotica, Don't Tell Me and Don't Cry for Me Argentina in one neat little package.

And I totally buy a lot of CDs (especially lately), some new, some used. I can't be convinced to buy all new, especially when one 10-track CD can cost $17.99, I think it's a flat out rip, especially when the CD costs way less than a dollar to manufacture and package and we all know the artists are making pennies from the sale of each disc.

5 years from now, people with hives, strokes, white stripes and vines cds will say "why did i buy this again? didnt this first come out like, i dunno, 30 years ago? its like being a millionaire and wanting fine cuisine and going to mcdonalds. its doesnt make sense."

i say beck too.

but not if you want upbeat.

if you want upbeat, then ya maybe go with queens of the stone age.

wow, i really dont listen to a whole lot of happy music. sigur ros makes me happy.

ummmmmmmmmm.... i think of all the cds mentioned here aside from the ones i already mentioned, i think skeek's sounds the most interesting.

juts please, none of that punk revival. punk is dead.

Back
Top Bottom