I want a Hummer!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
MadelynIris said:
So, talk me into it or out of it.

Gas, emission, etc...

or livin large and in charge. ;)

I have to say I am not keen at all on Hummers or other monster SUVs. You may want to take driving lessons in handling extra-large cars; most of the Hummer drivers I see can barely handle that beast.

You'd also better make sure your budget can handle the amount of fuel those monsters consume.

If you've got a big bundle of money just burning a hole in your pocket and you want to spend it on a car, I'd really suggest a smaller, sexier, easier-to-handle sports car instead of a gas-guzzling, space-hogging, wannabe Sherman tank.

a hummer costs at least 40 grand....

if you can afford one, and you are looking for a way to blow some cash how about adopting a poor hick girl from maine? :yes:

LoveTown said:
a hummer costs at least 40 grand...

if you can afford one, and you are looking for a way to blow some cash how about adopting a poor hick girl from maine?

Someone had to drag this topic into the gutter.

I regret if I have been too...

BOLD.

:sexywink:

Have fun spending $200 on gas to fill it up.

I'm probably exaggerating a little, but at least $80 a tank with current prices is probably not out of line.

Melon

They're aggressively large and mean looking.

They carry a war vibe.

When I see one I assume the driver must be an asshole and the aggressively yellow one on my tail the other day did not help soften my viewpoint.

They get THIRTEEN MILES PER GALLON

Just say no.

not just the cost of gas the time you'll spend at the pump bleh!

any reason you really want one?

If we're talking adoption I'd like in (me me!) poor girl from so.cal:wink:

I'd say a nice Cadillac Escalade.

I've got one, it's big, but not too absurdly big. Plus it has style.

the cost of gas could be a problem... but if you want to make a "statement" on the road, you can't beat it. they're great towing vehicles to boot.

of course, a Denali or Escalade would have a nicer interior. less plastic. more leather.

Well, considering the ridiculously low gas price in the USA, I can understand you want one. Still, I hope the US government finally gets some sense and starts caring about the environment and raises the price for gas.

Here's an interesting figure (from http://www.trouw.nl/rubriek/1123070046158.html all the rest is in Dutch, but the figure is in English):
Price in EUR per liter

Country City aug-05

Turkey Istanbul € 1,598
Netherlands Amsterdam € 1,409
Norway Oslo € 1,350
United Kingdom London € 1,314
France Paris € 1,250
Belgium Brussels € 1,242
Germany Frankfurt € 1,189
Denmark Copenhagen € 1,186
Portugal Lisbon € 1,184
Lebanon Beirut € 1,177
Japan Tokyo € 1,108
Spain Madrid € 1,045
Finland Helsinki € 1,029
Ireland Dublin € 1,029
Czech Republic Prague € 1,001
Romania Bucharest € 1,001
Switzerland Geneva € 0,965
Bulgaria Sofia € 0,855
Greece Athens € 0,829
Serbia Belgrade € 0,793
Cuba Havana € 0,788
Brazil Brasilia € 0,772
Canada Toronto € 0,645
Taiwan Taipei € 0,644
United States Los Angeles, CA € 0,622
Nicaragua Managua € 0,589
South Africa Johannesburg € 0,522
Russia Moscow € 0,505
Panama Panama City € 0,493
Puerto Rico San Juan € 0,422
China Beijing € 0,401
Syria Damascus € 0,378
Nigeria Lagos € 0,297
Kuwait Kuwait City € 0,185
Egypt Cairo € 0,179
Venezuela Caracas € 0,037

Although a doubling of the price would be maybe too much, I think that a 50% increase in price might be reasonable. If they do it by raising the tax on gas, then Bush immediately has a source to pay off the huge deficit. And spend money on environmental protection.

C ya!

Marty

P.S. I'm also looking at you, Canada. :)

Last edited:
Actually - the reason I posted this in FYM is because I thought it would spark the whole "gas guzzling machine born from war" type of reaction.

I'm seriously thinking about it. I would not buy it as my everyday car - only drive it occassionally. More of a hobby. ;)

Are you looking to get the original Hummer or H2? I wouldn't drive an H2 because every rich snot nose soccer mom out there is driving one. Get the original that says "I'm a bad man and will run you off the road." Plus, you could get the optional gun turret at the top of it and shoot small animals.

Right - the original is about 100k, which is a little steep for me. But I hear ya!

I'm definitely thinking H2. I'm a big man and need a big machine. :) Lol.

randhail said:
Are you looking to get the original Hummer or H2? I wouldn't drive an H2 because every rich snot nose soccer mom out there is driving one.

i imagine the H3 will soon usurp this distinction from its 'mid' sized brother as it starts around $30 000 USD.

a friend of mine grabbed an early one here in canada. he likes it.

Back
Top Bottom