I think Taylor Hicks has set a record...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
...for 'least time wasted between signing a record deal and selling out'. Unless you consider the act of signing a record deal itself to be selling out.

I mean seriously, the ink isn't even dry on his record deal, he just won AI a few weeks ago, and he's already sold out to Ford. Never have I seen anybody sell out so quickly after being discovered.

:down:

I thought it was going to say something like: Taylor Hicks has set a record for the least amount of time between signing a record contract and being dropped by the label that signed him.

He's crap but if I were him, I would have done the same thing.
What does he have to lose? Credibility?
He'll be a punchline on some lame ass pop culture show in 5 years, might as well cash in while the iron is hot.

um... I believe Ford is one of the sponsors of AI, so if he did something for them, it might have been an obligation...

:shrug:

I wasn't aware that someone who got his/her break on American Idol could sell out. :huh:

Lila64 said:
um... I believe Ford is one of the sponsors of AI, so if he did something for them, it might have been an obligation...

:shrug:

Exactly.

And I hate when people start crying about selling out. I could care less with musicians do with their songs.

I opened this thread because I didn't even know the name Taylor Hicks. Guess he couldn't have sold out that much...

I bought his single today. :love:

Dad: "You wasted $3 on that? You could have just had me pour flour on my head and run around screaming, 'Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol'!"

Dad is not a proud member of the Soul Patrol, obviously.

I'm still waiting for Soul Patrol vs. Snow Patrol on Pay-Per-View.

I have my money on Snow Patrol.

namkcuR said:
...for 'least time wasted between signing a record deal and selling out'. Unless you consider the act of signing a record deal itself to be selling out.

I mean seriously, the ink isn't even dry on his record deal, he just won AI a few weeks ago, and he's already sold out to Ford. Never have I seen anybody sell out so quickly after being discovered.

:down:
He...won...a...contrived...talent...contest.

I hope your post was in jest :|

Bonochick said:
I bought his single today. :love:

Dad: "You wasted $3 on that? You could have just had me pour flour on my head and run around screaming, 'Soul Patrol! Soul Patrol'!"

Dad is not a proud member of the Soul Patrol, obviously.

:lol:

Back
Top Bottom