I think I've seen everything now...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
Have y'all seen this? :tsk:

They say it's not made for kids....what do y'all think of the "Lingerie Barbie?"

55498_9993_main.jpg

The fourth Lingerie doll in the Barbie? Fashion Model Collection, Barbie? looks darling in delicate pink. Intricate pale pink lace accents her heavenly bustier ensemble. Pink peek-a-boo peignoir floats over soft pink, feminine underpinnings. Sheer pink stockings and sling back high heels add flirtatious finishing touches. Barbie? wears her platinum hair in a short curly style reminiscent of the Bubble Cut, and accented with a pink bow. Sweet dreams!

The tv was on in my roomates room and while I was getting dressed this morning I heard something about this. I think they are just running out of ideas.

Call me silly, but I don't think it's bad, or whatever word you want to use.

Sure, it's weird for a little girl to buy a Barbie doll in lingerie, but most little girls aren't going to. Most Barbies that are like that aren't marketed to kids, even if it IS the Barbie brand. They're marketed towards collectors. Not only because they are more expensive, but because Mattel KNOWS that most little girls aren't going to want to play with the more expensive ones, nor will most parents let them. Expensive ones are usually more .. what's the word .. dressy, fancy, whatever. That sort of thing. They aren't easy to play with. Mattel doesn't expect kids to play with them, so they are marketed differently.

Most toy stores (like Toys R Us, etc.) will not stock a Barbie like that one. Sometimes Toys R Us will stock a few collectors' Barbies but, at least in my experience, don't stock very many. More expensive toy stores, like FAO Schwartz, probably would, but they are put in cases and not usually a big seller. Especially to kids.

Soooo, what I'm trying to say is, there is little chance that very many kids are going to be playing with expensive collectors' Barbies, especially that one.

Edit: Also, I forgot to mention that this lingerie thing is NOT new -- Mattel has made several lingerie-type Barbies in the past, even outfits you could buy seperately. No, I'm not a Barbie collector, I just remember these things. :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom