I think I'm gonna go get Scarlet's Walk

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Zootlesque said:

But 5 discs! It's probably gonna be expensive. :(

It says in the announcement that it will have a suggested retail price of $75. I'm sure there will be sale/discount prices the week it's released, as seems to be the normal practice these days.

u2popmofo said:

It says in the announcement that it will have a suggested retail price of $75. I'm sure there will be sale/discount prices the week it's released, as seems to be the normal practice these days.

But how much is it gonna come down though? $60 maybe?... if we're lucky! :shrug:

Anyway, this does sound HOT!

...previously unreleased, unedited single version of “Crucify.”

Also included is “Take Me With You,” an unreleased song intended for Little Earthquakes... you’ll have something partly recorded in 1990 but with a vocal recorded in 2006…

Also featured is the unheard intro for “Marys Of The Sea” from The Beekeeper

:love:

Btw, I listened to Boys For Pele a couple of times at least and....................................... it's pretty intense!!! :crazy:

So far I like Horses, Father Lucifer, Mr. Zebra, Caught A Lite Sneeze, Muhammad My Friend, Hey Jupiter and Talula.

Professional Widow is pretty fucking crazy. I kinda dig the melodrama of it but haven't really warmed upto it too much.

I know, right? Professional Widow is harsh and ugly, and just kind of unpleasant, but after a while it just becomes this Big Ugly Thing, but yet really cool at the same time. Like a glorious noise or something. :wink:

In all seriousness though, I love how it switches gears near the end of the song.

corianderstem said:
I love how it switches gears near the end of the song.

It's definitely interesting and slowly growing on me. Starfucker... :wink:

Man, this simultaneous triple vocal on Father Lucifer is :combust:

As I told mofo on the phone...

I'm not overly excited about this boxed set. As someone who tries to collect Tori albums and singles, I'll probably buy it. But I already have a lot of it and don't know how much I'll listen to it. How many versions of all her songs (and albums) do I really need to hear? Oh well. Maybe it will truly give something unique to the diehard fans and be worth the money we're all going to drop for it.

HeartlandGirl said:
As I told mofo on the phone...

I'm not overly excited about this boxed set. As someone who tries to collect Tori albums and singles, I'll probably buy it. But I already have a lot of it and don't know how much I'll listen to it. How many versions of all her songs (and albums) do I really need to hear? Oh well. Maybe it will truly give something unique to the diehard fans and be worth the money we're all going to drop for it.

I had exactly the same reaction. I think I've listened to Tales of a Librarian maybe twice. I don't care for the remixes and just plugged the new songs into my iTunes. Just seems like marketing overkill. :shrug:

I love her voice when she sings these lines...

nothing gonna stop me from floating

~ Father Lucifer

rest your shoulders Peaches and Cream

~ Professional Widow

figure it out
she’s a goodtime fella

~ Hello Mr. Zebra

How beautiful is that piano in Father Lucifer?! :drool:

Zootlesque said:
I love her voice when she sings these lines...

nothing gonna stop me from floating

~ Father Lucifer

rest your shoulders Peaches and Cream

~ Professional Widow

figure it out
she’s a goodtime fella

~ Hello Mr. Zebra

How beautiful is that piano in Father Lucifer?! :drool:

I love all those parts, too! I'm not a big fan of her remixes in general but there's a wonderful one of Father Lucifer. I can send it to you later if you want (just need your email address).

Tori :heart:

I'm a old school Tori lover, Little Earthquakes :drool:, Under the Pink :drool: and Boys for Pele. I need to get my CDs and listen to them. I have a ton of imports Zoot. Maybe I should make you a present for the LA visit :wink:

I've never listened to her before, but I'm really starting to get into her music :drool:

Little Earthquakes on repeat.

U2Man!!! You bumped up this thread! :hug: :shifty:

Hey man, get her 2nd album Under The Pink if you haven't. It has some gorgeous piano!

Tori :drool:

Wow, Dana.. I'm seeing your last post just now! No wonder I was surprised that you brought me CDs in Cali. :lol: Btw, send me a tracklisting for that CD if you have time. Or I could always look up the lyrics and figure it out.

:bump:

I'm bumping this thread up for the sole purpose of drooling all over Scarlet's Walk. Been listening to it a lot lately.

Amber Waves
A Sorta Fairytale
Wednesday
Strange
Crazy
Don't Make Me Come To Vegas
Sweet Sangria
Your Cloud
Pancake
I Can't See New York
Mrs. Jesus
Taxi Ride
Another Girl's Paradise
Scarlet's Walk
Virginia

:drool: :drool: :drool: :combust:

Just listened to it last week. :drool:

Zoots, have you heard "Beulah Land" yet? I think you'd love it!

And while we're at it, did anyone buy that piano box set? I see it at my local shop, but I just can't justify spending that kind of money when I already own most of those songs... :|

Back
Top Bottom