I think I'm a Prince fan now

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LemonMelon

More 5G Than Man
I listened to Sign O' The Times all the way though for the first time in about 8 months, and I was blown away. Seriously, I was amazed. It kind of rolled off my back the first time out, but this time it stuck. Plus, I already love Purple Rain, so that's two albums by him I love...and I didn't even notice it before. :eek:

That's the only albums I have by him though...what should I check out next? :huh:

Last edited:
Prince is amazing...the tiny genius he be...ahh Parade is a pretty good album, but I only have the two you have mentioned and the forementioned Parade.

UberBeaver said:
Which is the album with Raspberry Beret?

Prince is great. I think he gets a bad rap cause he's so strange, but musically he's amazing.

I think that's from Around The World In A Day. :hmm:

Prince is nuttier than a Pay Day, but wow, he is amazing. :)

Being a Prince fan is a good thing. :up:

I always did like his Diamonds and Pearls album, so you might give that one a try.

Prince is probably one of the most prolific singer/songwriters of the past 25 years.

Check out his wiki page and you'll see what I mean.

Around The World In A Day, Parade and Diamonds And Pearls are indeed good suggestions.
And even though it's a compilation, I'd also highly suggest The Hits/The B-Sides package (2 CDs of hits, 1 CD of B-sides that are mostly also amazing).
As for studio albums, I also have a weak spot for The Gold Experience (released when he was known as O+->, but it's still Prince to me). But I think that in the end, that stretch from Purple Rain to Sign O' The Times (via Around The World In A Day and Parade) is his best.

:up:

I've said it before and I don't mind saying it again, Prince has written some of the greatest pop songs on earth - Kiss, 1999, Little Red Corvette, et al - and THE best pop song of all time, Raspberry Beret, which is an amazing song.

Somebody above recommended the 3-disc hits & b-sides collection and I'd second that. The b-sides disc has some amazing tracks - especially 17 Days and How Come U Don't Call Me Anymore. Recently, Musicology is worth a listen too. Patchy but at times quite good.

Edit: just to add, because I almost forgot, who can forget that this is the man who also wrote Nothing Compares 2 U and, albeit under a pseudonym, Manic Monday.

Last edited:
The Symbol album is pretty good. That's got My Name is Prince and Seven. This came out after Diamonds and Pearls and right before he changed his name to something no one can pronounce.

phanan said:
Not only has Prince written some of the best pop songs, but he can rock out when he wants to. Just listen to The Cross...

The Cross is one of my favorite Prince songs.

Sign O' the Times is his magnum opus with Purple Rain close behind.

Nobody's mentioned 1999 yet which is a Prince must-have... 1999, Little Red Corvette, DMSR, etc. It's a great funky dance album.

And, some people think it's cheesy, but the movie Purple Rain is definitely worth watching, if only for the scorching musical numbers. To borrow a phrase from our boy Bono, Prince was on fire!:combust:

Back
Top Bottom