I think I WILL get the cool shoe shine, thank you. (Gorillaz- Chicago rant)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

notiti

Refugee
OH....MY...GOD.....

Ok so first of all you have to know that Dan the Automator opened, and good lord did he throw down. He played all kinds of phat Deltron 3030 tracks, and my favorite Del tha Funky homosapian track: Mr. Dobalina.

Gorillaz themselves were amazing!!!
I stood two rows from the front, and center, great view, right in front of "Noodle." They played all the key tracks: 19/2000, Rock The House, 5/4, Slow Country,Gravity, and well, almost everything. No Left Hand Suzuki Method in the line up however, which was slightly disappointing.

Staji and I shook our booties soundly, and even busted our patented Rock That House dance, which we thought was pretty pimpin.

They had the stage set up so that it was split horizontally down the middle, with the top half of the stage covered with a video screen onto which were projected various images and even three short length cartoons. The bottom half was just a screen behind which you could see the shadows of the band. They also projected shadows of the characters over the actual people at times however, so when "Murdoc" or "Noodle" were walking across the stage you actually saw a slight image of the character preforming the action.

Anyway yes, this was a great mo- fuckin show, and don't ever let anyone tell you other wise. Crunk? Oh belive that my friends, belive that.

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

There's only room for one and here she comes, here she comes...

[This message has been edited by notiti (edited 03-03-2002).]

OMG!! I cant wait till Tuesday!!

Gorillaz will rock Seattle!!!!!!!!!!!!

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

Unreal! I'm intrigued about hwo they would be live actually. I like the sound of the characters behind.
smile.gif

I wonder if they will come here at all. Hmm..
Thanks for the review Notiti. Can't wait to hear yours Luna.

Sounds cool! I hafta see this myself, so much hype around this band for good reason! You get that cool shoeshine, I already got myne!
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by PrincessBadgirl (edited 03-04-2002).]

i'm very jealous. it sounds like it was way crunk. and to think damon albarn was in my town...

*thud

Yes, Gorillaz was absolutely fantabulous!!!! While Dan the Automater was doing his thang, the Gorillaz were wandering around waving at people. Those who knew who they were freaked out while the others (teenie boppers and little 7 year olds with their parents) looked around and wondered what the hell was going on. Gorillaz in concert is suprisingly much better than you would expect. Plus, the suspense of knowing they were just beyond the curtain was more than I could handle. Occassionally noti and I would catch a glimpse of them, and just go nuts. But, overall, I have to say that I LOVED this show, and it only renewed my extreme love of Gorillaz. I hope I get to see them again one day.

------------------
Ever seen an Alice with a stem like that? Come to think of it, did you ever see an Alice??

Hmmm back from Gorillaz - Seattle. Dunno what to say. The concert was once again mad phat and Dan laid down those beats. But the thing was that Calluna and I were too crunk for the balcony. Cuz I was all "Hellz yeah mofos bring those Gorillaz on, you know how we do." And we were all freaking out and jumping around, while singing, etc. But then Captain Bringdown who was sitting behind us was all hating and telling us that we should go down to General Admission. And I was like "Nah brah, we gonna just keep it real right here." So we rocked out like you know we should, but Sea Town could have been a better audience I think. Anyway Gorillaz, still crunk, same songs, shorter set from Dan. That's all.

------------------
Keepin it krunk...

There's only room for one and here she comes, here she comes...

GORILLLAZZZZ!!!!!!!

(1)Seattle is not very krunk. I apologize for seattle, we are too far north to be krunk.

(2) The animation was very cool, very trippy on the top half of the screen and there were several short cartoons in between songs.

(3) I felt that several of the live songs improved upon the album versions. For example Sound Check (Gravity) was wonderful.

(3) Del changed the lyrics for Clint Eastwood including a rap that has to do with Seattle. They played two different versions of Clint Eastwood, one of them in the encore. Damon asked the crowd to sing the chorus

I ain't happy, I'm feeling glad
I got sunshine, in a bag
I'm useless,but not for long
The future is coming on

(4)Noti said that in Chicago everyone in the whole place sang out the lyrics but in Seattle we were singing our lungs out but hardly anyone else was. Damon was shouting, "Sing it! Come on, sing it!" and I could see him throught the screen I could tell he was getting pissed off.

(5) I wished I could really see Damon really bad.

(6) Notii and I got down. Our other friends could see us from their seats.

------------------
We plants are happy plants.

I hate when the crowd is not into a show its like... why are you here then?????????

Well I'm glad you had fun!!!

Will they ever show their faces?

Back
Top Bottom