I SMELL a backlash....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I think Idioteque and How to Disappear Completely are the two best songs on Kid A.
But how do you all feel about Morning Bell? It's also one of my favorites from that album.

Flying FuManchu said:
Either way, I feel bad that Radiohead has to kowtow to their fans' wishes and avoid convention and feign innovation.

No Doubt.

From the recent NME Interview:

Colin Greenwood:
"The experience of touring 'Hail To The Thief' before its release was a positive one for Radiohead. As a result of the audience reaction some tracks were dropped while others became instant fan favourites. Thom hopes the British audiences will be as honest as possible this time too.

Thom Yorke:
"It's going to be hit and miss," he confessed. "sometimes the only way you can tell where you're at with stuff is to play it for people. We hope that people will tell us what they think. If they think it's shite then we need to know that as well, really."

So much for the idea that RH "Do what they want and don't care what anyone thinks."

It simply isn't true.

Flying FuManchu said:
I remember readin that Thom Yorke's favorite song off of Kid A was Idioteque, which is weird considering almost every Kid A review that had come out in the past (when the album was released) called it the throwaway and I've never really seen it listed as a favorite song (always passed over) amongst Radiohead fans (maybe too catchy).

Either way, I feel bad that Radiohead has to kowtow to their fans' wishes and avoid convention and feign innovation.

I LOVE Idioteque. The live versions I've heard are fantastic. Lots of fans love it so I don't know where you get the idea that people don't like it. It's also one of HeartlandGirl's favorites if memory serves me well.

barlowdog said:
I think Idioteque and How to Disappear Completely are the two best songs on Kid A.
But how do you all feel about Morning Bell? It's also one of my favorites from that album.

I love Morning Bell, too.

I'm telling you, I love the whole damn record beginning to end. Some of the songs I like better live than the studio versions but I don't skip anything on Kid A. It's completely satisfying to me.

I think it's :coocoo: not to like Kid A.

joyfulgirl said:
Oops, I forgot I was done with this thread. :p

You can be done now, since you responded to my post. :wink:

Anyway, Kid A can be baffling. Depending on the day and the mood I'm in, it's the best album released this century......and other times it might not crack my top 10.

joyfulgirl said:

I think it's :coocoo: not to like Kid A.

I bet you're joking :sexywink:

I like Kid A, but I can easily understand why some wouldn't like it :shrug: (in fact I have lots of friends and family members who think that I am :coocoo: because I like it :drool:).

U2Man said:

I bet you're joking :sexywink:

I like Kid A, but I can easily understand why some wouldn't like it :shrug: (in fact I have lots of friends and family members who think that I am :coocoo: because I like it :drool:).

Only half joking. :sexywink: I can see why it isn't a RH fan's favorite RH record (though it is easily mine); but I honestly don't get why some fans hate it. I am completely perplexed by it, in fact.

joyfulgirl said:

I LOVE Idioteque. The live versions I've heard are fantastic. Lots of fans love it so I don't know where you get the idea that people don't like it. It's also one of HeartlandGirl's favorites if memory serves me well.

Indeed it is.

I have no clue what this thread is about.

:up:

Hi joyful! :wave:

HeartlandGirl said:

Indeed it is.

I have no clue what this thread is about.

:up:

Hi joyful! :wave:

You see what I have to resort to when you're not around? I have to drop your name to support my arguments. :tongue:

:wave:

Sleep Over Jack said:
Optimistic is by far the best song on Kid A.

As long as 'Treefingers' is on that record, the above statement is going to be false. :wink:

Back
Top Bottom