I SMELL a backlash.... - Page 4 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 03-22-2006, 09:54 AM   #46
ONE
love, blood, life
 
MrBrau1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Verplexed in Vermont
Posts: 10,436
Local Time: 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22


ed is fucking useless

anayway SIAMYCGOO is one of U2is worst
Radiohead haven't written or recorded a song better than "Stuck In A Moment" since 1997.

This band has been in a major creative drought for almost 10 years.

Right now they're a band with 1 good record, 2 great records, 2 worthless records, and 1 mediocre record.

They could still be one of the greats.

My fingers are crossed with hopes they break their losing streak.

Thom quote sounds very promising. Seems to be rejecting all the BS of the last few years, and embracing what sounds good.

And where's the outrage from RH fans regarding the old stuff and "rejecting it wholesale forever more"?
__________________

__________________
"If you needed my autograph, I'd give it to you." Bob Dylan
MrBrau1 is offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 10:05 AM   #47
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1


Radiohead haven't written or recorded a song better than "Stuck In A Moment" since 1997.


See, I LOVE Kid A. For my money Everything in its right place and Idioteque are two of the greatest songs ever.

The only album of theirs I have been disappointed with is HTTT and I don't hate that. I would just like to see them head in a different direction.
__________________

__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 10:13 AM   #48
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1


Radiohead haven't written or recorded a song better than "Stuck In A Moment" since 1997.


your a funny guy
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 10:18 AM   #49
ONE
love, blood, life
 
MrBrau1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Verplexed in Vermont
Posts: 10,436
Local Time: 01:07 AM
Some people cry when they hear the truth.

Some run away.

Some cover their ears.

Some deny it to no end.

Some embrace it.

Some even laugh it off.
__________________
"If you needed my autograph, I'd give it to you." Bob Dylan
MrBrau1 is offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 10:19 AM   #50
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1



Right now they're a band with 1 good record, 2 great records, 2 worthless records, and 1 mediocre record.

They could still be one of the greats.

My fingers are crossed with hopes they break their losing streak.

Thom quote sounds very promising. Seems to be rejecting all the BS of the last few years, and embracing what sounds good.

And where's the outrage from RH fans regarding the old stuff and "rejecting it wholesale forever more"?

I think you are going to be disappoined if you think the band is going to change. They are not talking about releasing "radio friendly" singles, but online singles only. They haven't signed a new record deal, so this cuts out the record label entirely.
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 10:23 AM   #51
ONE
love, blood, life
 
MrBrau1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Verplexed in Vermont
Posts: 10,436
Local Time: 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by xaviMF22



I think you are going to be disappoined if you think the band is going to change. They are not talking about releasing "radio friendly" singles, but online singles only. They haven't signed a new record deal, so this cuts out the record label entirely.
Radiohead have been disappointing me for almost 6-7 years.

So I'm used to that.

But I like the idea of free standing songs, standing on their own, living completely on their own merrit, not part of some arty-prog-rock concept album.
__________________
"If you needed my autograph, I'd give it to you." Bob Dylan
MrBrau1 is offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 10:30 AM   #52
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS
 
xaviMF22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: In haunted attics
Posts: 7,091
Local Time: 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1




But I like the idea of free standing songs, standing on their own, living completely on their own merrit, not part of some arty-prog-rock concept album.
I like it too, but I wont be disappointed if the songs sound like they belong on kid A. By the demos I heard they just might, especially "aperggi"
__________________
xaviMF22 is offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #53
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
gareth brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Dublin
Posts: 6,527
Local Time: 05:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by MrBrau1
Radiohead haven't written or recorded a song better than "Stuck In A Moment" since 1997.
Hahaha no
__________________
gareth brown is offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 10:54 AM   #54
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator
 
Bonochick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Cherry Lane
Posts: 40,816
Local Time: 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by martha
If there is a backlash, will it be real so tickets will be easier to get? Or will it be a U2-style backlash, where everyone bitches but still buys tickets anyway?
__________________
"Knight in shining Zubaz."

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Bonochick is offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 11:06 AM   #55
Blue Crack Addict
 
mikal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2000
Location: Black Lodge
Posts: 24,915
Local Time: 12:07 AM
i've noticed that there are many people who's part of liking the above average band called Radiohead involves ripping on U2 to help themselves feel better about liking an above average band. for example:

"omfg!!11 u2 is da boring!!!111"

"radiohead r geniouses!!!!111"


my advice to some of you is to shut the fuck and enjoy both bands, and stop fucking comparing and competing all the time. if you're looking for competition, join a dart league or something, or even better, get laid.
__________________
mikal is online now  
Old 03-22-2006, 11:08 AM   #56
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
See, I LOVE Kid A. For my money Everything in its right place and Idioteque are two of the greatest songs ever.
Not to mention How to Disappear Completely and National Anthem. Also far superior to the adult contemporary and very average (though I like it in a nostalgic kind of way) Stuck in a Moment are: Pyramid Song, 2+2=5, There There, and A Wolf at the Door. Actually, I think all of HTTT is better/more interesting than Stuck.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 11:11 AM   #57
Blue Crack Addict
 
joyfulgirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Posts: 16,615
Local Time: 11:07 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal

my advice to some of you is to shut the fuck and enjoy both bands, and stop fucking comparing and competing all the time. if you're looking for competition, join a dart league or something, or even better, get laid.
I do love and enjoy both bands but also have no problem defending one when pitted against the other although I agree the debate is pretty useless. Still, it's boring in here lately so wtf.
__________________
joyfulgirl is offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 11:34 AM   #58
Blue Crack Addict
 
Dalton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Little hand says it's time to rock and roll.
Posts: 15,147
Local Time: 02:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl


Not to mention How to Disappear Completely and National Anthem. Also far superior to the adult contemporary and very average (though I like it in a nostalgic kind of way) Stuck in a Moment are: Pyramid Song, 2+2=5, There There, and A Wolf at the Door. Actually, I think all of HTTT is better/more interesting than Stuck.


I would agree. For my money SIAM is only better than POE in the U2 catalogue, but that doesn't make the whole album crap. I would say that only Everything in its right place rivals Beautiful Day in brilliance...

And besides Myxamatosis, I think most of Hut Dab is better than HTTT.
__________________
Dalton is offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 11:42 AM   #59
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid
 
lmjhitman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: tbtf
Posts: 4,317
Local Time: 12:07 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by mikal

my advice to some of you is to shut the fuck and enjoy both bands, and stop fucking comparing and competing all the time. if you're looking for competition, join a dart league or something, or even better, get laid.


i hope you noticed that the hyperbole extends both ways. i.e. there are plenty of 'u2 r geniouses'/'radiohead are crap' posts as well. and this is a U2 board, so it's pretty much a common point for all of us. the fact that many of us like u2 and radiohead pretty much makes comparisions inevitable, i would think. so maybe you should consider the context of these posts and take your own advice.

this thread was started with the intention to incite people, specifically 'pretentious' radiohead fans - who clearly aren't taking the bait. so anyone who's looking for their daily outrage fix is going to have to find it another thread.

still, like joyful girl said, there's not much else to talk about in here, so it's been mildly interesting seeing people get worked up over nothing.

Quote:
Originally posted by Dalton
(fuck off POE!!!!)
for inside reasons.

__________________
lmjhitman is offline  
Old 03-22-2006, 11:54 AM   #60
ONE
love, blood, life
 
U2Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: at pavel's
Posts: 11,603
Local Time: 07:07 AM
lmjhitman
__________________

__________________
U2Man is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com