I saw the new Coldplay video for THE SCIENTIST!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
(note: you Americans get "Clocks" as the new single, according to teletext)

Interesting video, it's only Chris Martin (and i can't figure out where it's just shot backwards or not, because at times it seems he's actually walking backwards himself) walking around.

First he's lying on a mattress, looking at the sky, then gets up and walks down streets, out of the town, jumps over walls and fences, through the forrest, till at the end he comes at a girl lying down motionless, then the camera goes back in time even more and he sits in the car - twiching and opening his eyes, while she flies back inside the car through the front window

(you know, they got off the road and she flew out and i guess "died", because she lies there still) :( kind of creepy once you get what happened

camera goes back still and it shows them going pass another car, driving around happily, smiling, talking...

Last edited:
Thanks for the description. I'd heard it was pretty cool and strange. Can't wait to see it!

<----hasn't seen any videos recently because she's not up between the hours of 3 and 6 a.m.

i love that video. i have been watching it online everyday since last week. lol :drool: love it love it love it, though it's very tragic. :(

Angel said:
i love that video. i have been watching it online everyday since last week. lol :drool: love it love it love it, though it's very tragic. :(

WHERE???????
Agghh! Must see!

BTW - I heard Clocks as the new single today (in Canada). Although, I could have sworn they had already released the Scientist.

Hmmm...

Will Americans get the Scientist ever? Or only Clocks? What's the story morning glory?

-------------
As an aside, I had a dream about Chris Martin about 2 days ago.

Last edited:
I think Canada is getting the Scientist, but what do I know? The video can be streamed in all its glory at coldplay.com..... :drool:

:heart: my friend called me from their gig in Dublin Friday... got to hear "Yellow" and "The Scientist" :D

:der:

im actually kinda torn on this one cause i really like the scientist and the video for that matter :)heart: coldplay.com) but i absolutley love clocks. im from canada so i guess it's kinda up in the air i guess but im hoping for clocks since i already can see the scientist vid whenever i want online. :huh:

*dashes off to coldplay.com*

It was dark outside all day while I was at work, lots of drizzle and the occasional downpour. It was the perfect day for listening to AROBTHH. My co-workers and I listened to Clocks, Warning Sign, and The Scientist over and over. It was great. :yes:

adamswildhoney said:
I dont see where the video for "the scientist" is on their website! Am I the only one?

It's in the "In My Place" section. You have to register... but it's free :D

Saw the video a couple days ago too.. pretty good, but where's the rest of the band? haha

i think clocks is my favorite of the album... well it was the initial favorite at least. i'm glad we're getting it ok?! blang.

i am completely obsessed with "a rush of blood to the head" by coldplay. it's ridiculous how good this album is and how it parallels what i am feeing right now. however, i know that i will like it just as much when i am happy! 'clocks' rocks my world, but i wake up to 'politik' just like 'where the streets have no name,' 'bittersweet symphony' or 'party hard' by andrew w.k. hahaha i had to throw him in. i don't wake up to him but i think he's great. go michigan go! whooooooo

anyway, back to coldplay. i remember i saw them in detroit on the "parachutes" tour, whatever it was called, and they were so hammered, especially the lead singer. he was so drunk he knocked his keyboard over, screwed it up twice and couldn't finish some songs. anyway, they started taking requests and frankly i love when a huge band just takes random requests from the audience. it shows that they are human, drunk and normal, like the rest of us that are human and drunk.

i'm human and drunk, but i work at a beer distributor. i love beer.

anyway, back to coldplay. i love beer. okay, i'm gonna go have a Harp (this stuff is gooooooooood! go Guiness Co.!). harp is way better than miller high life or busch light. ick. i think we should send saddam a 30 pack of busch light (only 9.99 plus tax/deposit) and that would kill him. if only he knew how much milwaukee's best and icehouse my warehouse has, he'd be scared shitless.

- tom

http://forum.interference.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67066

Finally saw it on my highspeed computer at work. I wonder if there is any symbolism in going from a white to a black shirt (or black to white, since the video is going in reverse).

Good overall. I appreciate that Coldplay tries to do original treatments in their videos (continuous slow-mo shot of Yellow, the glitz and wonder of Trouble, reverse-mo of The Scientist). It also doesn't hurt that Chris Martin is handsome.

There's a rap band who sang their song backwards as well for their music video. Dunno their name, though.

I wonder how they filmed the person flying through the glass. I like how that part's at the end, like a climax.

Back
Top Bottom