I saw the following Celebrities....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

spinninghead77

Refugee
-Nicole Kidman
-Adam Goldberg
-Fran Dresher
-Anthony Hopkins
-Chris Klein

They are all in town for the Toronto International Film Festival. Anthony Hopkins was soooo nice. He saw my friends and I and kept waving. Even stopped while my friend took a picture of him. Then he started walking over towards us. Then the HUGE mob of people noticed him and started rushing him and yelling his name. At that point he waved to the crowd, turned around and got in his car.

Nicole Kidman had so much security. She took a full entourage of cars to cross the street from one Hotel to the other.

A few years ago I saw Glenn Close and Dermont Mulroney.

Who have you seen?

I have seen (and met) -

Coldplay
Lowgold
Samantha Mumba
Gerry Adams & David Trimble (they are famous sort of :der: )
Brian Kennedy
Steven Gately from Boyzone in a hotel in Dublin

I have all their autographs apart from Samantha Mumbas

Famous person I thought I seen in Dublin

- Adam Clayton

Oh and I have also met Tim Wheeler from Ash and the drummer I dont know his name though - they were in Belfast

Rick McMurray is the drummer from Ash.

I :heart: Ash

That's really cool about the Toronto Filmfest...I'd love to see that one. Cannes, Venice, Toronto....I'll get there one day.

anyway, the only international famous people I've met are Tom Cruise, Penelope Cruz and Cameron Crowe at a red carpet thing for Vanilla Sky a couple of years ago.

yertle-the-turtle said:
Rick McMurray is the drummer from Ash.

I :heart: Ash

That's really cool about the Toronto Filmfest...I'd love to see that one. Cannes, Venice, Toronto....I'll get there one day.

Ta im bad with names :wave:

I've met Ryan Adams and Bart Starr. I haven't had any celebrity sightings besides at concerts I've been to...but that's a given. :wink:

I've met Johnny Cash and I met Waylon Jennings. David (the guy from the 'X-Files') I don't know how to spell his last name, he was in my town visiting. My friend told me about seeing him and showed me the picture she took with him. She took him on a tour of the Caverns here. (I don't think anyone knows about that lol) He was in her tour group. He was with his wife Tea Leoni and a big bodyguard. Also at the Caverns was Michael J. Fox and his wife and kids. But I never got to meet them.

I hope you shot carrot top

I saw Rick Mercer at a bar in St. John's once :shrug:

Ooo, I've met lots. Let's see:

Brad Pitt
Jennifer Aniston
Courtney Love
Ben Harper
Zach de la Rocha
Joey Lawrence
Rosanna Arquette
Neil Finn
Supergrass

i can't think of anyone else. Gimme some time I know there's more.

I met Take That when they were just starting out, when Robbie Williams was 15/16ish. :tongue: :laugh:

I think only British people will know him, but Richard Bacon was a childhood friend of mine. He used to live at the top of my street. We went to the same drama teacher and I was in the same class as his sister at school.

Oh, and my friend went to school with Samantha Morton. They used to walk to school together. Then she (samantha morton) used to come in the pub I worked in and get really drunk.

Now she gets to snog larry mullen :|

Well, I saw Martin Clunes (he's a British actor, don't know if he's known in America at all) when he was filming in Wales. And I caught a glimpse of Pearl Jam as they were leaving a concert venue a few years back. And I've met a few relatively famous politicians, but they really don't count as celebrities. :p

So I think that answer is none. :p

Without counting Bono Edge and Adam, I've seen:

Noel Gallagher ( I actually bumped into him and he didn't hit me! Surprise!)
Slash
The drummer from Foo Fighters when he used to play with Alannis Morisette
Gavin Friday
Guggi
Camille O'Sullivan ( She's famous in ireland...sort of)

And I can't think of anybody else at the moment...:huh:

Various figure skaters:
-Ron Kravette (had some ice dancing lessons with him!)
-Mark Mitchell (got a consolation medal at a synchro competition from him)
-Scott Davis
-Todd Eldridge
-Todd Sand (as in Jenni Meno and...)
-Michelle Kwan

I saw Maeve Binchy, the writer, at a cafe in Dalkey in Ireland.

My mother's cousin's father-in-law is Brian Dennehy, but I've never met him.

bammo2 said:

Oh, and my friend went to school with Samantha Morton. They used to walk to school together. Then she (samantha morton) used to come in the pub I worked in and get really drunk.

Now she gets to snog larry mullen :|

:banghead:

I've talked with Mr. Peterson from Sienfield, Bono,
brian boitano, this famous hockey player cept I can't remember his name :scratch:, the dude singing w/ No Doubt who I tried to sell a ticket to :reject:, Elvis Costello. I think that's all.

The only celebrities I have met are Avalanche players.

Robby of the Goo Goo Dolls waved at me, Johnny Rzeznik said "Hey!", and Mike walked right past me once at a concert of theirs. None of them signed autographs, presumably because I was there. :down:

my parents say i met the guy who played alex in 'taxi' in the grocery store when i was two.

this doesn't really count, but when i was wandering around at the warped tour in search of something to drink i wandered past the dropkick murphys booth and ken casey was outside saying hi to everyone standing around who looked like they might be dkm fans (ie. people wearing dkm shirts, like me). but it didn't register that he had said 'hi thanks for coming out and supporting the band' until about 5 minutes later.

i get to meet andrew w.k. on friday. he's stopping by the radio station

hahah

none of you know who ken casey is.

hahahaha.

i'm sane, i swear :shifty:

i love ash too.

Seen drunk as f*ck crashing out of a bar and into a waiting Mercedes:
Bono
Helena Christensen

Been in the same room as, but did not have the balls to go near:
Nicole Kidman
Russell Crowe
Cate Blanchet

Met once briefly, the kind that isn't really 'met' but 'introduced/shook hand' etc:
Janet Jackson
Ewan McGregor
Chemical Brothers
Natalie Portman :drool:
Moby
Chris Judd (J-Lo's ex - he's a really nice guy!)
Keanu Reeves
Sean Something Scott (Dude, Wheres My Car/American Pie etc)
Eddie Vedder

Through a previous job, spent extended time with members of:
Radiohead, Coldplay, Tea Party, Beastie Boys, Silverchair, Blur, Placebo and numerous others.
Plus misc Australian singers/bands etc that no-one here would have heard of.

Have great/funny stories to tell when I'm drunk involving:
Neil Finn
Ben Lee
Ben Harper
Chris Martin
Robbie Williams
Geri Halliwel
& Billie Piper (for the Brits here who remember her 15 minutes).

Did not meet, but spent a painful 2 1/2 hours at an awards show sitting directly behind a backless dress wearing:
Kylie Minogue

carey02 said:
I've met Johnny Cash and I met Waylon Jennings. David (the guy from the 'X-Files') I don't know how to spell his last name, he was in my town visiting. My friend told me about seeing him and showed me the picture she took with him. She took him on a tour of the Caverns here. (I don't think anyone knows about that lol) He was in her tour group. He was with his wife Tea Leoni and a big bodyguard. Also at the Caverns was Michael J. Fox and his wife and kids. But I never got to meet them.

i'm jealous. david duchovny is my honey. :angry:

i've stood in line next to kirk hinrich, but i don't expect anyone but a basketball fan to know who he is.

-carrot top, really bad comedian
-bill clinton, monica's ex-lover
-marcus camby, denver nuggets
-anthony mason, ex-new york knick
-eddie from the original big brother, one-legged oneder (worked with him before he was on the show)
-keyshawn johnson, tampa bay buccaneers
-dick vitale (twice), espn college basketball announcer / psychopath
-mick foley, WWF hardcore legend
-steven boyd, former pro-bowl linebacker for detroit lions
-jumbo elliot, ex-new york jet
-chris katan, snl
-tracy morgan, snl
-paul newman, makes a damn fine salad dressing
-rudy giulliani, hizzonor
-mike lupica, midget sports writer
-marv albert, toupee model
-jeff van gundy, head coach, houston rockets
-tommy lasorda, had one too many cans of ultra-slim fast
-jerry seinfeld, THE man

and i could've sworn i walked past wesley snipes getting into a taxi, but i can't confirm that

Last edited:
saw Carrot Top at the airport in Detroit once.

last weekend, I saw Kirsten Dunst, Jimmt Fallon and Bradley Cooper [Will from Alias]. just another weekend in NYC.

i think i saw the singer from queens of the stone age walking around campus today. QOTSA played a show with the chili peppers here tonight, and the guy looked like him, he looked rather lost, and i heard some other people walking behind me say 'hey wasn't that the guy from queens of the stone age?' after he was far enough away

Let's see...

Maria Shriver
Rita Moreno
Tina Louise
Dionne Warwick

They came into the the store I worked at and I actually helped them although not my choice of celebrities I would prefer to meet.

Also...
Whoopi Goldberg
Jacklyn Smith
Steven Tyler
Chris Robinson and his brother Rob I think of the Black Crowes
Various members of Smashmouth

Various baseball players when they played for the Reds...wont list them all but my favorites were Aaron and Bret Boone and Ken Griffey Sr.

Back
Top Bottom