I saw a guy die today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lou Holtz

The Fly
Well, I saw the aftermath anyway. I was leaving a client site for the day and there was this guy who was cutting down a dead tree. So, he's up in the tree pretty high on a ladder cutting away when he lost his footing and fell face first into the sidewalk. He died as the paramedics were working on him.

Not cool...

CK

How sad. *hugs CK*

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

a grade nine student was, for some reason, was walking on the very top of the overhang on the football stadium in winnipeg, when the ground underneath him gave way...

ya thats a long way down... :S

falling to your death has to be one of the sickest feelings, and then to see it happen to someone must almost be as bad...

blech.

------------------
-deathbear

[This message has been edited by Zoomerang96 (edited 05-06-2002).]

How tragic for something like that to happen. I am sorry that you had to witness it.
frown.gif

That is terrible. Sorry to hear that, I hope you're ok.

------------------
I did my best, it wasn't much
I couldn't feel so I learned to touch
I've told the truth, I didn't come to fool you

frown.gif
That must have been horrible to see.

------------------
Looking for the one
But you know you're
somewhere else instead..
I want to be the song
Be the song that you hear in your head .....

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica*.???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

A 20 year old from my town died of accidental electrocution on Saturday. I didn't know him personally, but I had seen him around. It's quite strange knowing that you'll never see someone again.

I almost thought that we'd have to deal with a dead body at the bank I work at a couple days ago. Luckily, she wasn't dead; only trying to get out of a diabetic episode. She recovered about 15 minutes later and drove off.

Melon

------------------
"Still, I never understood the elevation of greed as a political credo. Why would anyone want to base a political programme on bottomless dissatisfaction and the impossibility of happiness? Perhaps that was its appeal: the promise of luxury that in fact promoted endless work." - Hanif Kureishi, Intimacy

Originally posted by Ice~Princess:
Wow, that must be harsh, I mean life and all, alive one minute, dead the next, you must be disturbed, i'm sorry you had to see it.

To be honest.....I didn't feel any emotion when I saw the whole commotion. The only emotion that I felt was frustration because it was going to take a long time to get through all the traffic. I feel kinda bad about that now, though.

But thanks for the kind words...

CK

CK

That is really sad CK.
Forestry is a major industry around here, lots of men with 3 fingers I'm sorry to say. Tree felling accidents are all too frequent. There are some species of eucalypt that are called "widow-makers" just a windy day can be dangerous in the bush.

Have a drink man, listen to some U2.

Back
Top Bottom