I respect Jessica simpson's musical ability but...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:shocked:

'Jessica Simpson' and 'respecting musical ability' IN ONE SENTENCE! :ohmy:

*:hmm: feels something is wrong here*

I guess I count myself lucky I haven't heard Ashlee yet (she isn't famous outside the USA, I hope).

C ya!

Marty

I prefer Ashlee's singing to Jessica's, Jessica does that ridiculous warbling that all the Mariah-wannabe kids on American Idol do. Ashlee's voice is a little gruffer, I dig that, and her album is great!

I think they both got good voices. Even though I'm not a big fan of their music I heard Ashley's album (my sister's a fan.... :uhoh: ) and it wasn?t bad. It?s slightly more rock n' roll. I guess she had a good producer there plus it feels honest witch is a bog achievement in pop music. I don't know Jessica's music much. I have heard her single and stuff and she?s got a good voice but as dsmith2904 said it?s that Mariah Carey wannabe kind of thing there. So they?re not horrible but in the end none of them got anything of special on their voices or lyrics that makes them standout. Which makes me wonder how the hell they got so famous? :eyebrow:

Jessica seems to think being an airhead is cute and endearing. It isn't. And there's nothing particularly special about her voice.

I do feel kind of sorry for Ashlee because it must have sucked to grow up in Jessica's shadow. But there's absolutely nothing original about her. That Pieces of Me song is warmed-over Avril Lavigne leftovers.

MrBrau1 said:
They're both useless pieces of shit.

That's really not necessary. And they are certainly not useless. By all accounts they are really nice people and bring lots of joy to their fans. So they aren't the type of music you listen to - is it necessary to call them "worthless" or pieces of "shit"?

HelloAngel said:

That's really not necessary. And they are certainly not useless. By all accounts they are really nice people and bring lots of joy to their fans. So they aren't the type of music you listen to - is it necessary to call them "worthless" or pieces of "shit"?

Pretty much, yeah, I think it's fine. Maybe I'm the only one, but they're two large contributing factors to the awful state of radio these days. They're nothing more than corporate tools.

Mind you, I don't know if I'd waste my time describing them as "shit", but if someone else wants to, I'll probably just nod my head in agreement and move on to a more interesting thread/topic.

HelloAngel said:

I agree. I think too many people tend to view celebrities as either gods or devils. They really aren't all that different from anyone else. The vast majority of us do very little of great worth, but are we all useless pieces of shit?

I mean I think these two (and many other similar types) are pretty harmless, so why such hatred? The make people happy -- what is so bad about that? I don't personally like their music, so I don't buy it or listen to it. And I don't buy that they are responsible for the decline of radio as we know it. Of course they are cogs in the machine that is the corporate music business, but no one forces people to buy their releases or even to listen to the radio.

Jessica Simpson can sing. I think she wastes her talent singing bad songs, thought.

I don't like either one, it's not my kind of music. And those two are very different, vocally from each other. I don't think there is much comparison.

Having said that, I prefer Ashlee. Jessica's voice is too perfect. Ashlee's is more "real". I like a little rawness, a little personality.

Back
Top Bottom