I rented some crap movies the other day...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
If you want to sit down with your sweetie, or your mate, or dog/cat or goldfish and watch a movie or two; I would avoid these two here.

'Evolution' & 'O' both sucked IMO and were a waste of time and $$$$.

'Evolution' just wasn't funny and had no story and the special effects were even lame.

'O' was pretty sad and had a disturbing ending, a real "downer"
frown.gif

Wasn't "O" a remake of Shakespeare's "Othello"?? If so, I could have saved you the trouble of watching it. Of COURSE it's depressing. It's called a "tragedy".
tongue.gif

I haven't seen either one of those (O at least has Josh Hartnett
biggrin.gif
), but last week I rented Waking The Dead, and Requiem For A Dream.

Waking The Dead was pretty good(Billy Crudup *drool*
biggrin.gif
), but I couldn't even finish watching the other one. I was too
confused.gif
It was DREARY imo, and plotless.

It seems like so many movies I rent I can't even sit through the whole thing.

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
Waking The Dead was pretty good(Billy Crudup *drool*
biggrin.gif

Funny you should mention Mr. Crudup. I was going to hijack this thread into a rave review of "Jesus' Son" which I saw on HBO just last night. Not a perfect film by any means, but Crudup was just wonderful--as was the rest of the cast. I haven't seen him in much (just "Almost Famous") but now I will have his entire career committed to memory by the end of next week.
biggrin.gif

So if you're into quirky, charming, indie flicks about lovable drug addicts, this is the one. When it started I thought it was going to be a big downer, but it wasn't at all. Lots of nice touches in there.

Originally posted by joyfulgirl:
So if you're into quirky, charming, indie flicks about lovable drug addicts, this is the one.

Doesn't that describe most indie flicks?
wink.gif

Originally posted by sulawesigirl4:
Doesn't that describe most indie flicks?
wink.gif

I've been trying to think of a good comeback for, like, 10 minutes...lol...

Ohh the plastic curse of the ono bands knobbe done till swift over frog hatch.

Did you like 'Independence Day'? Or are you by any chance a "fresh prince of bel-aire" fan? I admit, I loved that show
smile.gif

I know Z-Edge I luved it too, they used to repeat them - they been on soooo many years...........I miss them BADLY!!!!!

frown.gif

Big Willy - re-release urself..........
frown.gif

biggrin.gif

And I miss Roseanne............
biggrin.gif

gawd she had some gob on her......
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

hehe naaaa I miss her shoutin at Dan and Dan shoutin at Darlenes boyfriend etc etc

Independence Day was better than MIB.........mind u I like 'comfort' films...............of course anyting with big er......whatzis face, the guy that was with Will going to the Mothership........forgotten his name...well he is juicy...............

Jeff Goldbloom? Is that his name
confused.gif

Yup
How'd you do that?

[This message has been edited by z edge (edited 03-07-2002).]

I slipped it into ur bed, it must have ran off when u got in........
wink.gif

anyway I tink this thread is about to blow up...........again!!!!

its in the middle of Twilight Zone mode.........

uh oh.........

GO TO BED YOUNG MAN!!!! u know u need ur beauty sleep before hittin school and checkin the chicks out before chattin them up and foolishly droppin ur schoolbooks before big Pedro and his mamas kick ur ass and u cry and scream 'Fuk off motherf*ckers' and then u try to look reserved and enter the classroom spending the rest of the day admiring and lusting after Miss Fernando, before hittin home for 10 burgers 3 fries and 2 shakes, while on the phone to u friend Marcus saying, 'hey lets skip homework and discuss Final Fantasy instead' then u drop into bed like a puffed out Lion after a day of wrestlin with antelopes but NOT before checking into Interfernce to chew, suck, spit, lean and also bang on pples asses.........amen!

smile.gif

I'm gonna hav eto go get another beer and think about this one
confused.gif

I will sing you a song in a minute....

Yup
smile.gif

Originally posted by mad1:
Hmmmmm Jeff Goldblum, what a man, I could listen to him all day....*sigh*
smile.gif

strong, sexy, blah blah........

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

hey z-boy, how do I do what?????

Jeff Goldblum tried to pick me up in a bar once when I was with my boyfriend! I'm not kidding. Very amusing.

His big line was "haven't we met before?" and he kept flirtatiously insisting that we had been in an acting class together. This was in the early days of his career before he became really cool. He was sitting in a booth with some of the cast members from "Big Chill" and I was at a table nearby with my boyfriend. Perhaps it was a slight exaggeration that he tried to "pick me up" but he was definitely hitting on me all night, everytime I walked by the table, and my boyfriend at the time was ready to whack him. We were all kind of drunk on margaritas. But he was nice and everything--just seemed to be enjoying his newfound fame and perhaps testing the waters to see if his fame meant he'd have better luck with the ladies. That was my take on it at the time.

I see now hes dating Charlotte from Sex and the City......

biggrin.gif

Well now, I had my chance, didn't I? And where is the guy I was dating at the time, you ask? History.

hehe I remember one girl telling me that Jeff was being interviewed by a girl, I tink she was from England, and that she just couldnt concentrate..........apparantly its his eyes, they draw u in and capture u for a long time.......

yes well I still would love to meet the guy, how cool would that be.....?

damn joy girl? We all couldve been at this top Hawaian wedding........Mrs Joyful Goldblum......yep, that sounds a great name for an actor's wife!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

sure celebs date celebs, split and swap......but its always in a circle of celebs..............:rolleye: Us 'normal' pple are no good for them!!!!

wink.gif

hehe I remember one girl telling me that Jeff was being interviewed by a girl, I tink she was from England, and that she just couldnt concentrate..........apparantly its his eyes, they draw u in and capture u for a long time.......

yes well I still would love to meet the guy, how cool would that be.....?

damn joy girl? We all couldve been at this top Hawaian wedding........Mrs Joyful Goldblum......yep, that sounds a great name for an actor's wife!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

sure celebs date celebs, split and swap......but its always in a circle of celebs..............:rolleye: Us 'normal' pple are no good for them!!!!

wink.gif

He does have beautiful eyes. But keep in mind, this was still his kind of geeky phase. He had not yet blossomed into hunkalicious. Think "Big Chill" Jeff. I was more interested in Kevin Kline sitting beside him and annoyed that everyone was there except William Hurt, who I found really sexy at the time.

He does seem to have an unusual depth that is very sexy to me. "Joyful Goldblum"...lol..

Back
Top Bottom