I QUIT!...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

J-Tree

War Child
SCHOOL!

I can't stand it anymore! I'm a year away from graduating but I don't give a damn! What am I gonna do with a $25,000 debt and a degree in Political Science anyways?! Prolly not much more than what I would do with 4 years of Uni under my belt and $20,000 worth of student debt!
mad.gif

I dunno... *sighs* Am I making a mistake?
frown.gif

------------------

it's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on

SlipStream Soul

Originally posted by J-Tree:
SCHOOL!

I can't stand it anymore! I'm a year away from graduating but I don't give a damn! What am I gonna do with a $25,000 debt and a degree in Political Science anyways?! Prolly not much more than what I would do with 4 years of Uni under my belt and $20,000 worth of student debt!
mad.gif

I dunno... *sighs* Am I making a mistake?
frown.gif

Quitting is always a mistake.

Changing majors, however, is not if you feel that PoliSci is not the place for you.

A degree in PoliSci is worth it to a person who is passionate about politics, and wants to pursue a career in government, policy, social work or litigation. If you are no longer desiring these fields, perhaps it's time to move on, but certainly not quit university.

And of course, it's always good to make a decision of this magnitude when no longer frustrated - just like one should never go to the grocery when one is hungry.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:

Quitting is always a mistake.

And of course, it's always good to make a decision of this magnitude when no longer frustrated - just like one should never go to the grocery when one is hungry.

That's good advice. Plus, if you finsh now, the 4 years you've put in will count for nothing and you'll end up feeling more frustrated about that later on. Finish your course and then take some time out to see what you want to do. If you finish your course now, what are you going to do? It's like don't run away from a job, run too a job.

Hope things go alright for you J-Tree.

------------------
Rain from Heaven.

I don't need the smell of incense in the morning haze. Let's do the War on Drugs.

J-Tree, I work for the gov't and I love it. I only wish I had studied political science. I think it gives you endless possibilities. You'll get a job when you graduate, and you'll slowly start chipping away at your debts. It IS worth it. Hang in there....

You all make very good points. Thanks for replying.
smile.gif

It just feels like the suit doesn't fit the skin that's wearing it anymore... you know? That and the fact that I'm not as big of an idealist as I used to be. The reason why I wanted to do Political Science was because I wanted to change the world... but I don't believe I can do that through politics anymore.

------------------

it's only in your head you feel left out or looked down on

SlipStream Soul

'Quitting' is not always a mistake. In high school, I was just 6 months away from a major exam and decided to drop one subject out of 8. That subject was Additional Math and I was a dumb-dumb at math. Everyone from my teachers to my family told me I was a quitter but you know what? I didn't want to do A-Math. To me it was ridiculous and a waste of time to be pursuing a subject that didn't interest me or benefit me. Until now, I have found absolutely no use for logarithms etc.

foray

Originally posted by J-Tree:
You all make very good points. Thanks for replying.
smile.gif

It just feels like the suit doesn't fit the skin that's wearing it anymore... you know? That and the fact that I'm not as big of an idealist as I used to be. The reason why I wanted to do Political Science was because I wanted to change the world... but I don't believe I can do that through politics anymore.

You may find that's the case in any particular field. Rock n Roll won't change the world...Take the knowledge you have and do what you can. A degree is a good thing. You'll feel good once the goal is finished. Many people end up going into a completely different field anyway after they graduate. You have lots of possiblities with a PolySci degree!

(((((((((((((((((JTREE)))))))))))))))))
Oh poor honey,
I know. I feel EXACTLY the same way. I just feel overwhelmed and busy and bored at the same time. It sucks ass. But don't quit at this point, just finish the degree. You don't have to do it perfectly, just get it finished somehow and then take a look at your options.
Dude, I almost dropped out monday night. But I had a little freak out and I'll admit a little cry and I feel a bit better.
Although I would feel a lot better if a certain devil would come over and cook me some dinner etc. Oh well.
Just hang in there. You're not alone.
Your sister in academic pain,
-Bluey

Originally posted by DebbieSG:
You'll feel good once the goal is finished.

Thanks Deb... *musters a smile*
*gropes around looking for her glasses so she can see the goal*

------------------
And if your way should falter
Along that stony pass
It's just a moment
This time will pass

SlipStream Soul

Back
Top Bottom