I Now Have One Foot Firmly Placed On The Ottawa Band Wagon

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Angel, it was a joke! Though they're so good you never know...

Can you feel the excitement???!!!
1812774964.jpg

Marian Hossa:
3624886291.jpg

Wade Redden and Daniel Alfreddson (another European captain!):
68026399.jpg

Last edited:
Does he really? So does Forsberg apparently.

The Canucks must be sick of 'Streets' by now! It must wear a little thin after a while. Great pump up song as a pre-game, but I think maybe they should switch it up now and then.

Last edited:
Yep, I read it on some site today. :)

I know it sounds bad, me singling out a few attractive players on the team, but in all honesty, I am really happy that the Sens are in the Conf. Finals. I mean, come on... Does anyone remember what the first few years of that team's existence was like? So, I am more than happy to see them there. :up: Plus, having an all Canuck Cup Final would be pretty cool.

Michael Griffiths said:
The Canucks must be sick of 'Streets' by now! It must ware a little thin after a while...
I couldn't disagree with you more! I hope they never change it! Unless it was for another U2 song... but it just gets me going BIG time. :wink:

I agree with you Angel. It's a fantastic opener to the game, and the energy is incredible. 'Streets' is one of my top 2 or 3 favourite U2 songs. That said, after hearing it for two straight seasons, it doesn't do quite as much for me as it once did. Even so, a thinning 'Streets' is better than a full anything else! I just like the song so much, I guess I don't want to get tired of it, because that would suck!

Woohooo!! Ottawa in 2 sounds good to me!!
Although there's some people around here *wanderer, ahem* who actually think New Jersey will take it.....

Ah, a man can dream................

Wanderer got scared away..... ladywiththespinninghead.

... and Michael the I :heart: you was for April, but I guess there is room for more... :sexywink:

and I think an all Canadian finals would be bad for the sport. I'm sure it would get everybody in Canada all horny, but people in the US would care even less than normal. And let's face the facts, the NHL needs American support in order to survive. The ratings are low enough as it is, something that would make them even lower wouldnt be good.

Chizip said:
and I think an all Canadian finals would be bad for the sport. I'm sure it would get everybody in Canada all horny, but people in the US would care even less than normal. And let's face the facts, the NHL needs American support in order to survive. The ratings are low enough as it is, something that would make them even lower wouldnt be good.
That's a good point Chizip, but long term I think it would be the beginning of a positive trend. Eventually, the saleries would have to hit a cap in order for the NHL to sustain itself. So, I'm still cheering for an all Canadian final!

LarryMullen's_POPAngel said:

Hehe. :flirt:

Yes, Michael, born and raised in Detroit. Hockey fan since around the same time I was really heavily getting into U2, about '92-93. :)

Hell, let's have a big ole Canadian team love-in, woohoo!!! :sexywink:
Ah, 92-93, the year that Gretz took the Kings to the finals *sigh*
Again, thanks for the love-in!

Chizip said:

Lately, I've been agreeing more and more with the chizzer... should I see a doctor? It would be nice for Canada, but as far as the long term success of the sport... the American market needs to be saturated (that means at least one finalist needs to be American based).

Beyond all that though, I still don't think Ottawa has "it"... at the beginning of the playoffs, I thought New Jersey was the team to beat, and there's no reason to doubt that now. So, to keep with consistency I'll say New Jersey in 7... but will anyone be awake by the time the series gets that far? The trap = bad version of zone defense... something must be done I tell you (no wonder there aren't a lot of American viewers, there are very few entertaining teams left... except Vancouver, and maybe Anaheim... just for the miracle factor).

As for Wanderer..yeah, he admitted this morning that he hardly checks here anymore.....(although he and I talk all the time outside of here)...

But he definitely won't have a reason to check here in about a week or so!! ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom