I never thought I'd be saying this, but i'm REALLY looking forward to the new RHCP CD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrBrau1

ONE love, blood, life
I liked them in HS, though Mother's Milk and Freaky Stylie were king's shit. Then I kinda grew out of them.

Though BSSM is awesome to this day.

Then they fell out of favor with me in the mid/late 90's.

But that "By The Way" record was brilliant. Really good stuff. :drool:

Now a double album? Hooray beer!

U2Man said:
I'm more excited about the upcoming Radiohead album :drool:

I'm excited about that one as well.

And the Charlatans UK

And Pete Yorn.

But I'm surprised at how i'm looking out for that RHCP record.

I am too acctually.

They are fun. And good. Great combination.

The funny part about By the Way was how pretensious it was but how it really worked well. I liked it alot more then Californication.

In fact I am listening to Throw Away Your Television right now :drool:

I'm excited about the new Chili Pepper's album too. I lost interest in them quite a long time ago, but they were one of my favourite childhood bands (hee, I was the only one at my school whose parents were cool enough to let me own BSSM.) The thing I love about the Chili Peppers is just how tight they are musically, especially the rhythm section. Listening to Flea and Chad on BSSM is bliss.

By The Way was a very good album. Proof that a rock band can make poppy tunes and still maintain their integrity. There are very few bad songs on that album. Anthony has sure come a long way since his days of writing lyrics like "true men don't kill coyotes." I much preferred BTW to Californication.

Looking forward to seeing what the Chili Peppers can come up with. :up:

U2DMfan said:

What is the pretense on By The Way?

I am not saying it was not a great record but who would have ever thought RHCP would have ever put songs like Carbon, Zepher Song, Midnight, and others on the album.

I am not saying it does not work out to make some really great tunes, but who would have thought (including the band themselves a few years ago) they would put things out with string sections or stuff like that.

So I guess its not overtly pretentious as they mostly back up their claims but I for one was sort of blown away by some of the stuff they did (the latin theme on Carbon).

When is the album due in stores?

RHCP are one of the few current bands that have almost as deep and timeless a catalogue as U2.

They rarely disappoint

BSSM is still an absolute gem:drool:

Really looking forward to it, too. Any hints on what the new record will be like? I, too, was sorta blown away by "By the Way." I saw them on the last tour--really fun, a great show, and everyone was in fine form.

RHCP are one of those bands that have been around forever that I never paid much attention to until a few years ago when I woke up one day and suddenly realized how great they are.

I watched a big ass special on them a few days ago on Canadian TV. They've got it, you know, that certain something that elevates them above most other American bands. Interestingly, I think they've become better the longer they've gone on. I'd love to see them get a little more political, seeing how they do come from a pretty controversial country and state.

Back
Top Bottom