i need to make a t shirt ..please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zooropamanda

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
ok all you concert t shirt making savvy peoples.
i want to make a t shirt for a gig im going to soon.
advice please would be very much appreciated...

fabric paint?
iron on transfers?
any other ways?

i need cheap too, so no $200 com ink jet programs.i also live in Australia so those websites that make them aren't really feasable as it will take to long to get here.

anyone got any ideas?
i will be very thankful if you can help.

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk

*Last Train to Bono*

Wow, ZA, i have been considering making some shirts, too.
I wouldnt know where to begin, though, sorry...Ive been looking for the same info you are. I do know you can probably have one made for you, but thats not what you wanted to hear!
biggrin.gif

thats what i would probably have to resort to doing except i cant afford it. Blah!

------------------
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...

My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...

"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert

Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...

Ah.. Well, no expert here, However, I have made lots of T Shirts and other Alterations to Pants and what not..

I am a big fan of the blank stencil's where you trace a picture on them and cut it out with an exacto knife, then use the puffy paint... I've made a Stuck in a Moment Symbol T Shirt... and a Heart Suitcase one.. They also sell the air brush spray paints for like five dollars to use instead of puffy paint.

L.Unplugged

silkscreen is expensive at first, but saves a ton of time and money in the long run. especially if you need to mass produce a tee.

Originally posted by Lemonite:
I am a big fan of the blank stencil's where you trace a picture on them and cut it out with an exacto knife, then use the puffy paint... I've made a Stuck in a Moment Symbol T Shirt... and a Heart Suitcase one..

I tried that before and the result looks quite good.

Also, the ironing thingy is quite good too.

Hmm, the prob with iron on transfers is that you need a transfer to be ironing on. I can't think of any place you could get a chris transfer from. Of course Spotlight sell lovely butterflies, but they aren't really relevant.

I'd say, get out some paint, and make your own design.

What to do though..........Is this a one off for the show to get his attention? Or something you plan on wearing with pride forevermore?

zooropamanda-email me....I'm doing something like this right now...I can give you directions to make it cheap and easy, and it will look gorgeous!
Seriously....I can walk you through it...if I can do it, you can do it
wink.gif

------------------
mrs_clayton@hotmail.com

Originally posted by Angela Harlem:
Hmm, the prob with iron on transfers is that you need a transfer to be ironing on. I can't think of any place you could get a chris transfer from.

They sell Blank Iron On Transfers that you print up on your computer.. any picture you want, then just iron them onto the T Shirt.. I have some in my drawer, but have never used them.. So I can't tell you how good/poor they are..

L.Unplugged

Originally posted by zonelistener:
Lilly makes her own T-shirts, and the are pretty cool - we should get her to post here!

Yes, zone, yes I do. In fact, I'm waiting for some shirts to cool down now!

Steps:

1. Go to Target (or the like). In the computer paper section, there are a lot of t-shirt transfers. Make sure you know the type of printer you have, so you don't melt the paper into your printer...cos trust me it's bad.

2. Purchase the paper. Go home. Place the paper in your printer. Print the image you want, note if you are using anything with text, you MUST reverse the image. Else it will be backwards...and that's bad too.

3. Get your t-shirt (white or really light colors unless you bought paper for dark shirts) and lay it on an ironing board or something the like (padded). Make sure you know where on your shirt you're going to put the image. Then, put the image there (face down).

4. Place a thin towel between the shirt and the iron. (Order: ironing board, shirt, image, towel, iron.) Using your iron on it's hottest setting (cotton), begin to iron in rectangles moving in moving VERY slowly. Exert as much pressure as possible on the iron. Depending on the size of the image, the time spent on this will vary. Good rule of thumb is 2-3 minutes per square inch.

5. After you feel you have ironed well enough (the edges aren't curling up, and you can't peel them off easily), take the towell off the shirt and let the shirt cool from 10-15 minutes.

6. After it's cooled, carefully peel off the sheet. And there it is, you're new t-shirt!

Lemme know how it goes za!!

------------------
"Why do you have to be such a smart ass?" -my mom

woo hoo thanks guys!
Yeah im looking for lettering, not pics anyway. Great advice Lilly, thanks a bunch!
I shall come back and show the result if im game soon lol

Thanks for your help guys!!

*bonohugs and kisses for you all*

------------------
I am a cowgirl of funk

*Last Train to Bono*

Back
Top Bottom