I need some advice!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mrs.Clayton

Refugee
OK, so I'm going to Great Britain and Ireland in the fall, and it's no secret at work, because I talk about it. Well now people are starting to ask "If I give you money, will you get me _______?". I am only taking one bag, and I have enough stuff to buy just for family, and quite frankly, myself. I can see why people ask, because I might ask too, but I'm not close with any of these people who ask, we just work together.
What is the best way to answer this question(the answer is no), without being rude?
So far, only two people have asked, but I know as the date gets closer, more will appear with requests.
Thanks for any advice you might have.
Mrs.Clayton

"i'm sorry but i'm trying to pack light....so i don't think i'm going to be able to get that for you...."

that's what i'd say.....

That's what I told one lady..."I'm just taking one bag" and she said "Oh, but what I want is so small" :mad:

Well, due to travel restrictions, and security since 9/11, I would just tell them that you are only taking one bag and don't have room to take much of anything back.

I wouldn't bring anything back for anyone since I wouldn't want to single anyone out and make anyone feel left out, if you're not good friends with them.

If it was someone you knew really well and wanted to get something, you could always tell them you could get the item and ship it to them, but they would have to pay for the shipping as well. But then again, you'd have to end up doing it for everyone, so personally I just wouldn't do it.

Just tell them you'll send them a postcard! :lol:

Just tell them that Adam will take up too much room in your suitcase :sexywink:

I would just say that you are nervous about going through security, etc., and therefore have to bring back as little as possible.

If there's anything you really want to get, many shops will ship things back here for you-and your friends can pay the cost :D

Same thing happened to me last year when I went to London and Ireland for U2 gigs. People wanted concert shirts!! :ohmy: I just kind of change the subject everytime they'd mention it and say, talk to me about it sooner to the date etc... then by the time the date came near, I was so busy and stressed out to deal with their requests.
You just can't accomodate everyone, and whether or not what they want is small, it still takes up room and it just adds to others wanting 'small' things.
Just tell them no, sorry, I am going to be so busy when I get there I am not going to be able to do this for you etc....

Mrs.Clayton said:
That's what I told one lady..."I'm just taking one bag" and she said "Oh, but what I want is so small" :mad:
people like that piss me off. everyone always thinks you should cater to them, when you know if the tables were turned, they wouldn't get you anything. now i just lie to people when i go out of town. i just don't tell anyone where i'm going. damn nosey people.

oh but Mrs Clayton....Slane Castle isn't all that big, and it would look so good in my back yard. A fixer-upper. Oh go on......... have a wonderful journey:)

Back
Top Bottom